Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been doing this for years and do not know where one can get any JP M Firmware as it is only used in Japan, Mazda Dealers there will never part with copies (I have tried wit local contacts).

Your best bet is to use 4A N Firmware.
All will give you English language but things like Navigation will never work as Hardware under dash is totally different system (not NNG/Here), some radio stations will not tune.
But you can do the Carplay/AA Conversion.
Exactly what I did today. Upgraded from 59.00.540 JP M to 70.00.367 ADR. Also activated Android Auto after installing the new usb hub. Yeah, some fm stations dont work but that's not an issue for me since I'm not a radio fan. As for navigation, the car didn't come with the SD card. But I did a small test drive and I could see the compass pointing in the correct direction, and my lat/lang and elevation changing, so I want to assume gps is working fine. But even if it doesn't, I'll be using AA for navigation; it seems to be getting its gps from the phone. I'm very happy with the results!
Thanks @ASH8 for the guidance!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,
i have SW version 59.00.540 EU N
I am going to order TK78-66-9U0C Kit but it supports only 70+ version.

As far as you know, is it possible to update in a single step or do i have to do intermediate updates?

I looked everywhere but i was not able to find any public download site for firmware. Any hint or suggestion?

(i know that a lot of people alredy asked but i can't see any answer)

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Hi all,
i have SW version 59.00.540 EU N
I am going to order TK78-66-9U0C Kit but it supports only 70+ version.

As far as you know, is it possible to update in a single step or do i have to do intermediate updates?

I looked everywhere but i was not able to find any public download site for firmware. Any hint or suggestion?

(i know that a lot of people alredy asked but i can't see any answer)

Thank you
OK, look at my First Post in this thread, down the bottom it tells you what to do in red.
I will message you with what to do now.

I have seen too many people brick CMU by doing to direct latest 74 firmware from 59 or below.
Mazda USA recommends the TWO File update process if below 55, Mazda Europe is below 59.

I recommend ANYONE on or Below 59.00.XXXX to do the TWO File update Process, YES it takes longer but I have never had anyone brick their CMU provided they follow Genuine Mazda .Pdf instructions to the letter, and READ all the WARNINGS included in the link....what to do is all there in link provided to you in message.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

Unfortunately I cany send direct messages as I am new.

I am on v55 and want to uodate to the latest UK firmware. Please could someone kindly share the files? Do I need to update to v70.00.100a first, or can I jump straight to latest?

If I need to go to v70.00.100a first...please could someone kindly share the eu UK firmware files for thst too.

Mazda dealerships refusing to update me unless I pay for a full android auto kit and fitting through them.

Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

Unfortunately I cany send direct messages as I am new.

I am on v55 and want to uodate to the latest UK firmware. Please could someone kindly share the files? Do I need to update to v70.00.100a first, or can I jump straight to latest?

If I need to go to v70.00.100a first...please could someone kindly share the eu UK firmware files for thst too.

Mazda dealerships refusing to update me unless I pay for a full android auto kit and fitting through them.

Thanks,
Rob
Hi Rob, I am having the same issue with the dealer. Did you manage to complete the install?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone I'm new to the community. As far as I realised I have to update to 70.00.100 EU N first in order to update to 74.xxx version. Currently I have 33.000 version in my Mazda 3 2014 model. Can somebody please send me the download link for 70.00.100 EU version?

·
Super Moderator
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Silver Connectivity Master Unit CMU is the controller unit under screen behind inside dashboard.

The new black AUX Box and Cables goes in console area, two new cables go to CMU inside dash.

81 - 100 of 113 Posts