Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Mazda has released an app that will allow owners to operate a number of different systems in their vehicles. The app is called Mazda Mobile Start and will allow you to start your vehicle remotely, check your door lock status and find your vehicle via GPS.

The remote start function will work from almost anywhere, and will allow you to idle your car for up to 30 minutes. Once you start the car, a timer begins so that you can see how long the car has been idling.

Users can also lock or unlock their doors remotely with the door lock status feature. Related is a panic alarm that can also be activated through the app.

The vehicle finder can be used to find a stolen vehicle or can be used to find your car in one of those enormous parking lots.

Mazda Mobile Start costs $500, and can be purchased and installed at you local Mazda dealer.

The only two vehicles that are currently compatible with the app are the 2016 Mazda6 and the 2016 CX-5, but Mazda wants to expand to more models later this year.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Love this. It sure beats having to pull out a fob just to use some of these functions.

Most of what I use everyday is limited to my phone and the cards I keep in the case its in.

·
Registered
190 Posts
More and more apps. Sounds good to me. Soon I bet you won't even need a key, that will be a part of your phone as well.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I'm not sold. With convenience entry and push button start, you don't need to reach for your keys or your phone. I guess if you want to precondition your vehicle it would be helpful. I've never had the need in my x1.

·
Registered
94 Posts
It would be better than the regular remote start add-on I got on my 3. It uses an additional fob just for that and the range is limited in distance and pretty much line of sight. It will be fine for starting my car from my office since I park outside of it, but not so much when I want to start it before I leave my apartment as the parking lot is on the opposite side of the building. But I wouldn't be too keen on the subscription model for just that. I guess it's a start to offering something to compete with OnStar as it also offers these features.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I suppose they would have to add-in enough features to the app that it is useful beyond the keyless entry and push button start that already exists.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I negotiated the Mazda Mobile Starter into the deal when I got my CX-3 last week. It does help lighten the key chain up for sure. The only things I am not liking are the fact that I need to login and use a pin everytime I use. I know they are going for security, just wish it could be one less step.

Another thing I am trying to figure out is, that when I start my car using the app, when I walk up to the car and open any door (Using my smart key or the app itself) the car turns off. Not sure if this is another "security" feature or not.

Maybe it will be refined when more people get them and suggest better ways for it to work.

·
Registered
265 Posts
with these system still new as it seems I think there still is that chance for issues to happen, if you believe there's a real issue with it, might as well ask the dealer.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Jay, I think I will most likely terrorize the dealership. Maybe it is just a simple setting that I am not seeing :) Still amazed at how far technology has come in 10 years haha and I am only 37.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Seems like a bit of a rip-off, but America is the land of convenience so who am I to argue?

·
Registered
240 Posts
It should be a free service, however as long as they continue the development of the app I am ok with it. It is also nice to not have another FOB on my keychain haha.

Reactions: CX-ME

·
Registered
122 Posts
How secure is that app going to be? Android isn't the most secure platform out there.
There is plenty of other stuff that your phone can do that would have security concerns: banking, email, etc...

I figure if you are comfortable with those things then you should be comfortable with this Mazda app.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.