Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done the Mazda Hiroshima Museum and Factory tour? Any pointers, suggestions, thoughts on other things Mazda in Hiroshima?

Early June we’re taking the Shinkansen from Tokyo by way of Osaka and Kobe down to Hiroshima and back. In addition to Kure Bay (where her father’s carrier was sunk) we plan to spend a morning at Mazda.

Back in Tokyo, I’ll try to get her to also spend an afternoon at Super Autobacs … at 3:06, maybe I can even find a better seat for El Piloto :—)

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Would love to do it but don’t you have to book well in advance?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would love to do it but don’t you have to book well in advance?
Ha! We booked it back on February 6th, the earliest day possible for the June 12th tour date √
While some bask in the Florida sun, others are relegated to Nippon :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ha! We booked it back on February 6th, the earliest day possible for the June 12th tour date √
We booked back in January for our trip in late September this year. It seems to be well organised including the provision of directions from where we are staying in the city. Let me know what you think.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I've been into engineering meetings at Isuzu. Japan is one of my most favourite places I've ever visited.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Twenty years of marriage, historical documentaries, doramas (morning and night), gohan (morning and night), over a dozen extended stays, several books on the subject ... I may be beginning to understand Japanese culture ...

Brought up in Fla, doesn't hold much fascination ... Japan, inscrutable. Then again, things change, my favorite bookstore in the late Sixties, Foyles, Charing Cross Road, ain't what it used to be :--)

P.S. Engineering meetings at Isuzu, that must have been truly fascinating! Meet any obsessive compulsive types? ;--)

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Twenty years of marriage, historical documentaries, doramas (morning and night), gohan (morning and night), over a dozen extended stays, several books on the subject ... I may be beginning to understand Japanese culture ...

Brought up in Fla, doesn't hold much fascination ... Japan, inscrutable. Then again, things change, my favorite bookstore in the late Sixties, Foyles, Charing Cross Road, ain't what it used to be :--)

P.S. Engineering meetings at Isuzu, that must have been truly fascinating! Meet any obsessive compulsive types? ;--)
They were tough to deal with as are most Japanese engineers. They develop a specification and won't deviate even when their standard is unachievable or unrealistic. I couldn't help but like them though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts