Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

Mazda Employee Nows Owns A CX-3

4K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Dean 
#1 · (Edited)
I work for a Mazda dealer here in Minnesota. I used to own a 2012 Mazda3 hatchback and that's what really got me to start working for Mazda in the first place. Long story short, I ended up selling my Mazda and my KTM motorcycle before traveling the world. Now that I'm back I ended up buying a used Subaru. A noble steed she was, but I needed more efficiency and more predictable reliability. Enter, 2019 Mazda CX-3 Sport w/iActiv in Machine Gray.

So far, I'm absolutely loving it. The only thing it's missing is Apple CarPlay/Android Auto. I'm thinking I'll have one of my techs install/update it for me when I buy the part.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Many thanks!
congrats and welcome.
what subaru did u own.
used to have a legacy gt, 04 sti.
loved them both.

thanks
I had a 2008 Outback 2.5i. It was a noble steed, but she needed to go. New noises popping up weekly and with an odometer reading of 200k+ she wasn't going to last much longer.

#5 ·
Congrats dude! New ride looks good! I too got a 2019 in GS AWD trim with luxury pkg & I-activ safety pkg in white - I believe in the US the equiv trim is Touring (just below the GT). I actually preferred the 16” wheels vs the 18s on the GT aside from lower cost the 16s have higher tire sidewall able absorb more of our crappy roads here in Cda! Mine was built in 2019 so it came with AA & AC so maybe yours was built in late 2018? Anyways I heard the cost of the part isn’t that expensive (dealership can give it to you at unit cost). and with you working at dealership will get free install. Nice perk...

Did yours come with the OEM Yoko Avid S34 tires? Mine did and while they were okay I don’t think they’ll be good in the winter so I changed the Yoko to Nokian WRG4 all weather tires (winter rated) last week. It’s a good compromise vs all seasons as it’s winter rated and good for use all year round. I don’t have the storage and don’t want to deal with the twice a yr changeovers.

#6 ·
comments on 16" & 18" wheels are interesting.

I have the OEM on 18" which I use for "all seasons"

When the temperature drops, I switch to 16" Michelin xi3 .

The larger sidewall is a must for winter.

The OEM tires were great in snow but after it turned cold - frozen rubber.

#7 ·
Agree...I don’t trust the OEMs during winter! As for the 16” wheels I just preferred it vs the 18s due to softer ride on the 16s and that our roads are bad and the higher side wall on the 16s will absorb the potholes more than the 18s. If I lived in your area or in better urban centres I would be fine with the 18s on better roads but just not in our area...

#9 ·
I actually removed the OEM Yokos and changed them to Nokian all weather tires using the stock 16” rims...having the all weather tires will let me run it all year round without the twice a yr changeover and worried abt storage yet enjoying benefits of winter rated tires during the winter season. Of course they won’t outperform full winter tires but will out perform all seasons...I already have experience owning 2 sets on the past 2 SUVs we’ve had so have confidence in them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.