Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
The first sentence in the article says it is like a station wagon.....so I'm like "hell no I don't want a station wagon".

Then I look at the concept and its a beautiful crossover, not a station wagon at all. Friggin' idiots.

I don't understand Mazda's naming convention here though. It is between the CX-5 and CX-9 in terms of size and power (which makes sense), yet they're calling it CX-4? I know they used to make CX-7 so they don't want to reuse that name, but they could've called this one a CX-6.....

·
Registered
872 Posts
I don't care what the call it, I like it!!! :D

2.5T from the CX9 in what should be a lighter package, sounds good to me!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Haha same, I really don't care what they call it but I thought it was strange. Anyway, it is coming out in late April so I can't wait to see what it actually looks like and how much it costs. I just might trade in my CX-3 for it! I'll still stick around on this forum though :p

·
Registered
128 Posts
Personally I think its kinda ugly looking, or at least the concept this will be based off of is. And as mentioned, naming sense isn't applied whatsoever here, you'd think CX7 or 6/8 would be more wise, but whatever.. Doesn't interest me anyways, I'm more interested on info for the Mazdaspeed3.

·
Registered
272 Posts
So logically this should sit between CX-3 and CX-5, though if you compare both of these vehicles side by side, it seems almost redundant to try to fit a vehicle in between.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Maybe they are following BMWs lead with their x4 which fits between the x3 and x5 - having more sport and lux, less utility which this seems to be.

·
Registered
893 Posts
So logically this should sit between CX-3 and CX-5, though if you compare both of these vehicles side by side, it seems almost redundant to try to fit a vehicle in between.
You would think Mazda would fill the huge gap they have between the CX-5 and CX-9, rather than try to fill a non-existent gap between CX-3 and CX-5.....

·
Registered
272 Posts
not bad; i can see why they called it a station wagon - the body does seem stretched / elongated vs the cx-3 / 5

It's clearly more high-end looking than the CX-5, less sporty and more "refined" vs the cx-3. I would still have to choose CX-3 over this, but I can see someone wanting this for more roomier back seats

·
Registered
872 Posts
Being based on the Mazda3 platform, having the 2.5 turbo and AWD, wonder what this means for the expected Mazadaspeed3. Specs have the CX4 low slung, wide and sporty stance. Mazda does well at keeping secrets!

·
Registered
893 Posts
not bad; i can see why they called it a station wagon - the body does seem stretched / elongated vs the cx-3 / 5

It's clearly more high-end looking than the CX-5, less sporty and more "refined" vs the cx-3. I would still have to choose CX-3 over this, but I can see someone wanting this for more roomier back seats
I would choose this over the CX-3 probably for the Mazda 6-like center console! And the larger engine and extra power doesn't hurt either :D

·
Registered
893 Posts
Being based on the Mazda3 platform, having the 2.5 turbo and AWD, wonder what this means for the expected Mazadaspeed3. Specs have the CX4 low slung, wide and sporty stance. Mazda does well at keeping secrets!
Are you sure it's based on the Mazda 3 platform? it is supposed to have a slightly larger footprint than the CX-5, which would make it a lot bigger than the Mazda 3 hatch.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Are you sure it's based on the Mazda 3 platform? it is supposed to have a slightly larger footprint than the CX-5, which would make it a lot bigger than the Mazda 3 hatch.
That's what is indicated as it has the same wheelbase as the 3. But with longer overhangs and wider track. The 6 is significantly larger and doubtful they created a new platform for this.

Look at the CX3 to the 2, same platform, but the CX3 the scale is much larger.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Oh OK I misunderstood that to mean being built to the exact specification of the Mazda 3. The wider track really makes this more appealing to me than the 3 hatch, and I'm sure it'll be slightly higher to give it a proper crossover look. Judging by these blurry pictures, it resembles the 6 more so than the 3 which is another plus.

·
Registered
872 Posts
^^ Agreed and its really great looking in the higher trim with a very lux interior.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Isn't this car going to be a people mover though?

The initial reports I read were indicating it will be a 7 seater. Would make more sense for product differentiation offering an alternative to the CX-9 and would help explain the Chinese and US launch based on the relative sales numbers of people movers in those markets vs Mazda's little market share in those countries.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Its only 181 inches with a 106 wheelbase. I doubt you could ever get 3 rows in that small a space. if you could, I wouldn't want to be in the far back!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Its only 181 inches with a 106 wheelbase. I doubt you could ever get 3 rows in that small a space. if you could, I wouldn't want to be in the far back!
Now I can't find the article :(

It was from a Asian business publication in English. Stated it will have a fold out style 3rd row.

·
Registered
893 Posts
You must be thinking of the CX-9. There's no way it can fit 3 rows of seats, it would be stupid to even attempt such a thing. I don't see how someone would get to the 3rd row in a car like that.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts