Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I just bought a 2018 Mazda CX-3 GX LUX about 4 weeks ago. It came with Mazda remote start already installed with 2 remote starters. Firstly, one of them doesn't work any longer to remote start, lock or unlock, but secondly, although the other key does work, the vehicle only remains running after remotely starting it for approx 30 seconds, which in our freezing cold Canadian winters is not at all long enough to warm the car up when it is parked outside. Any clues on what to do to extend the engine running time here?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I wish I could help but we don't need remote start in Arizona... You might check the battery in both remotes. Cheap fix perhaps. Also, since it is a 2018 and the remote starter is Mazda then perhaps it is still under warranty? Might be worth checking.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Im not sure what has changed between 2016 through the 18 model regarding the remote starters but I ended up going fully aftermarket for remote starters after finding out the dealer contracts a 3rd party aftermarket shop to install the 'oem' remote starter in the first place and over charges you. Looks to me like someone messed up on the timing part before shut off protocol and if the keyfob doesnt have a battery issue (solved by replacing battery) then it might have weakened contact points. I presume if you just got a 2018 then it was used so it might have gone through some abuse?

·
Registered
526 Posts
it might be a bit costly but see if you can find a reputable shop to transplant the oem unit out and put in a different one which they should wire correctly with better range and response remote fobs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts