Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The CX-3 went on sale today in its domestic market of Japan. The microsite is also online at Mazda's site www.cx-3.mazda.co.jp/design/.

About halfway down that page are the colors available. I think the US will probably get most if not all of them. From left to right they are:

Ceramic Metallic
Soul Red Metallic
Crystal White Pearl Mica
Jet Black Mica
Meteor Gray Mica
Deep Crystal Blue Mica
Titanium Flash Mica
Dynamic Blue Mica

·
Registered
122 Posts
My favorite is the deep crystal blue metallic I think. That or the Titanium Flash Mica.

What does "Mica" actually mean. Is that a finish that is different from metallic?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My favorite is the deep crystal blue metallic I think. That or the Titanium Flash Mica.

What does "Mica" actually mean. Is that a finish that is different from metallic?
From what I can tell I think Mazda uses the terms "metallic" and "mica" interchangeably. It could just be which they thinks sounds better together, but I could be wrong. I know I've seen several of the mica colors also referred to metallics.

Crystal White and Soul Red are both extra cost colors because the first is a pearl and the latter is a special "candy apple red" process.

Update: Put a poll up in the Photo forum. There are also some other goodies on the Japanese website that I'll try to post this weekend. Interior options, specs etc.

·
Registered
265 Posts
From what I can tell I think Mazda uses the terms "metallic" and "mica" interchangeably. It could just be which they thinks sounds better together, but I could be wrong. I know I've seen several of the mica colors also referred to metallics.

Crystal White and Soul Red are both extra cost colors because the first is a pearl and the latter is a special "candy apple red" process.

Update: Put a poll up in the Photo forum. There are also some other goodies on the Japanese website that I'll try to post this weekend. Interior options, specs etc.
It would be a shame to not go for Soul Red especially with how the CX-3 looks, one of the best colors to complement its style

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any news on when it will hit the U.S.? It would be nice if they would at least release some teases with weights, interior specs, mpg or something.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Any news on when it will hit the U.S.? It would be nice if they would at least release some teases with weights, interior specs, mpg or something.
If they show the CX3 (production) in the New York auto show in April, then they might just release it during the summer. Mazda should update the website then. Currently there are close to zero Mazda 2 at most dealerships and I believe the 2015 version would be skipped. Otherwise, the vehicle could be a fall/winter introduction if they want to release the Miata first.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts