Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Mazda is bringing a number of vehicles to the Tokyo Auto Salon in January, and they have let us see a little peak in the form of teaser pictures. One of the most exciting for us is the CX-3 Racing Concept. While this vehicle will be exciting to see, it is not going to be a production model. Think of it more along the lines of the types of vehicles that get shown off at SEMA.

The CX-3 Racing Concept will have aero bits on the rocker panels and front lip. It also is lowered a bit from the stock height.

Other vehicles that will be showing up at the show include the 2016 MX-5 Roadster Cup Car, and modified versions of the Mazda 2, Mazda 3, Mazda 6 and CX-5.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The Second picture you posted is the Mazda 2 actually. Could be a mild preview to a Speed CX3, but then again there is no precedent...

·
Registered
83 Posts
i seriously cannot get enough of how the cx-3 looks, amazing. the only issue i have is with how the wheels look... an area that most car makers fail with....WHY!!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What don't you like about the wheels? I think that they look pretty good on this version of the CX3.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yea i like these wheels as well. They do a good job of walking the line between sporty and casual. What kind of wheels would @TnT like to see on the CX3 instead?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I don't mind those BBS rims but I prefer the ones on the Mazda concept. I like the spokes better on the Mazda CX3 racing edition.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It just doesn't strike me as the type of car that will really take off in a performance form. I don't think that Mazda will come out with an actual racing version that will go on sale. This is a one off. I don't see much potential for after market either just because I am not sure of the demand.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I see the CX3 as more car than suv. That can be good or bad, depending on what appeals to you, but it does make a better candidate for a high performance variant than most little SUVs.

Though based on the 2, I see it as a better looking alternative to the 3, the proportions of which I do not like. The new 2 also interests me, but I'm thinking the CX may be quieter and more powerful as well as better looking.

·
Registered
83 Posts
technically it's an SUV but it's a car-based SUV and so I think it can be seen as a bit like a car. I know when tuners with some good coin to spend get their hands on it ... they will try to make it more sporty and in doing that... more car-like.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Once you lower the CX3 a bit it does look basically like a hatchback. I could see it taking to a performance version nicely, I just don't know if Mazda really has an engine to put in it or if there would be enough demand to give it a business case.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Once you lower the CX3 a bit it does look basically like a hatchback. I could see it taking to a performance version nicely, I just don't know if Mazda really has an engine to put in it or if there would be enough demand to give it a business case.
I can already imagine that.
A good example are the subaru foresters i've seen that guys have lowered. If you never seen a stock one before and instead looked at a lowered one... you might not think it was originally an SUV :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts