Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"The Japanese automaker’s Canadian division has just announced the model changes and pricing for 2022 for the CX-3, set to arrive at dealerships in December.
Know that on the outside the model remains pretty much unchanged from 2021. What’s different touches on the equipment, more of which is offered standard. There are also additional colour options for buyers."

Mazda Canada announces pricing for 2022 Mazda CX-3 | Car News | Auto123

"The forth product update is to make the CX-3 even more cutting-edge which is in accordance with the rapid changes in technology in the digital era. To create new standard for the B-SUV segment, the NEW MAZDA CX-3 is the vehicle offering more value, fully featured with technology that truly meet the need of customers in the digital age and have reasonable price."

Mazda launches NEW MAZDA CX-3 with new color

Reactions: Malks

·
Registered
628 Posts
Somewhat not surprising considering the huge popularity ive seen among Thailand and Philippines/surrounding islands. Most videos Ive tried to find of certain installs or part removals ended up being from there. Just a shame it was taken out here in the states for the cx-30 which doesnt know what segment or niche its trying to fill. Just like the cx-50 which was recently announced is trying to show itself as a 'offroader type utility vehicle' with addons that Im sure will die in concept and be sold as a simple basic suv segment, while still trying to be unnecessarily tech fancy and luxurious(by mazda standards) inside. If anything i hope at least the continuaton of the cx-3 will continue push some aftermarket support to continue regarding parts availability and new mods

·
Registered
2020 2wd CX-3
12 Posts
It continues to be offered in New Zealand and Australia, along side the CX-30. The CX-3 is just the right fit for my wife and I, and although I have driven the CX-30, I prefer my CX-3 for it's size for city driving and it performs better as well.

·
Registered
167 Posts
It continues to be offered in New Zealand and Australia, along side the CX-30. The CX-3 is just the right fit for my wife and I, and although I have driven the CX-30, I prefer my CX-3 for it's size for city driving and it performs better as well.
It's strange how automakers will discontinue models in some markets and continue in others. For Mazda to continue to offer the CX-3 in Canada, but not across the border in the US makes you wonder. For the longest time hatchbacks were not as popular in the US, but they were everywhere here in Canada. Now just about every car on the road is an SUV, with a hatchback!
My previous vehicle was a Tribute. The reason I bought the CX-3 was that it was smaller and more efficient. While I was shopping for it just about every salesperson was trying to up-sell me into a CX-5. They seemed surprised that I was not interested in the larger version.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Mazda UK dropped the CX-3 around Nov 2019 and used it as an excuse to start charging significantly more for the CX-30

Skyactiv-G CX-3 2WD 122ps petrol models £19,395 - £23,095
Skyactiv-G CX-30 2WD 122ps petrol models £22,895 - £29,495
Skyactiv-X CX-30 2WD 180ps petrol models £24,375 - £31,295

Skyactiv-G CX-3 4WD 150ps petrol models £24,195 - £25,395
Skyactiv-X CX-30 4WD 180ps petrol models £29,295 - £33,495

All that for 85mm more in wheelbase and 120mm more in overall length. Luggage space was 80 litres or approx 20% larger.

Since then they've spend a heck of a lot in marketing via TV adverts and car magazines for the CX-30 - not difficult as nothing was spent on either advertising medium on the CX-3!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello

CX3 is discontinued in France at the end of December 2021. Some 100th anniversary have been sold some weeks ago. In Europe, the lack of hybrid engine for the CX3 is part of this decision. And Mazda wants the Mazda 2 too (which will be replaced by a Toyota Yaris rebranded), as several manufacturers stops small models not so bankable.
The CX3 fits my needs far better than the CX30, and I prefer its interior more stylish.
Anyway, the CX3 is always sold eight years after its was presented, whithout major aesthetics ou technical evolutions, which is very rare. It's a really well designed car !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts