Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, all. I'm new here (just picked up a Dynamic Blue Mica GT this past Sunday).

I'm just wondering if anyone else here noticed the following when test driving/examining the details of the CX-3:

The upper trim level gauges in some of the press pics show a red ring around the tach, yet mine is just white.

Th other thing I noticed was a difference in leather between the black interior and the parchment interior. On the parchment interior the leather is very soft and squishy, whereas the leather on the black interior is hard/stiff and a bit rougher feeling to the touch. Even the salesman noticed it. I wish I had pics, but it truly felt like Mazda sourced the leather from two different suppliers.

So far I'm loving the CX-3, but I just found these too things sort of odd given the quality control and consistency present in modern car manufacturing.

·
Registered
256 Posts
The difference between the black interior and the parchment interior is the leather itself.
The black is artificial leather (leatherette) and the parchment is real leather with suede.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The difference between the black interior and the parchment interior is the leather itself.
The black is artificial leather (leatherette) and the parchment is real leather with suede.
Source? In the US only lower trim levels have leatherette while the GT has leather. Both were loaded GT models FYI. The black leather seating surface was quite different than the parchment leather.

·
Registered
304 Posts

Incorrect.

The U.S. GT trims all use genuine leather seats with a sueded leather seat watch.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Source? In the US only lower trim levels have leatherette while the GT has leather. Both were loaded GT models FYI. The black leather seating surface was quite different than the parchment leather.
I saw it on the Mazda UK site and here in Denmark the black leather (as standard on the top version) is also artificial leather, we have to pay extra for real leather (the white or parchment if You will). i think it's like that in all of Europe.
I wasn't aware that it was different for You guys in the US :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
I saw it on the Mazda UK site and here in Denmark the black leather (as standard on the top version) is also artificial leather, we have to pay extra for real leather (the white or parchment if You will). i think it's like that in all of Europe.
I wasn't aware that it was different for You guys in the US :)
We tried to keep the truth from you, but failed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.