Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, the tailgate suddenly stopped working on my CX-3, I've tried everything, including moving the plastic "clip" from left to right, the opening mechanism is working when you press the button, but the trunk wont open.

Is there any other manual way to get the trunk open, since the one described in the manual didn't work?

Cheers,
Sami

·
Registered
491 Posts
Thats a peculiar issue given that the manual override should be overriding everything and allow you to open it. Has it been a while since the trunk was last opened? Sometimes the gasket seals around the hatch opening may stick depending on ambient conditions for a long time and requires you to use force to lift it up.

It may be unexpected but this has happened to me a few times where I had to basically rip the hatch upwards by hand. The other thing I can think of contributing to this is the shocks which 'help' keep the hatch up failing but even then you should be able to feel a little movement on the bottom when trying to lift it up even if you have to lift the entire weight up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats a peculiar issue given that the manual override should be overriding everything and allow you to open it. Has it been a while since the trunk was last opened? Sometimes the gasket seals around the hatch opening may stick depending on ambient conditions for a long time and requires you to use force to lift it up.

It may be unexpected but this has happened to me a few times where I had to basically rip the hatch upwards by hand. The other thing I can think of contributing to this is the shocks which 'help' keep the hatch up failing but even then you should be able to feel a little movement on the bottom when trying to lift it up even if you have to lift the entire weight up.
Thanks for the reply,
The problem occurred suddenly when locking the Doors and coming back and opening them, and finding out that the tailgate didn't open anymore. When trying to force the black clip with the circle on it to the right Side, it doesn't go all the way to right. Really running out of options, think I'll have to Take the car to a dealer if it wont budge next week. Waiting for possible tips that might open it though!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts