Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I just purchased my GT Ceramic Metallic Cx-3 two weeks ago and am now trying to replace the map lights as well as the license plate lights. Does anyone know what style # they are?

Thanks for the help in advance!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Has anyone worked out what the glovebox light is? it took me two weeks to realise there is one there, definitely needs replacing with a LED type, no mention of it in the specs.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
You can only see it in the dark!

Reactions: mainemanx

·
Registered
71 Posts
I looked last night for the elusive glove box light. Going to look today in the daylight. It must be pretty dim.
I was cross referencing bulb numbers and the CX-5 bulbs look to be the same. There are a couple CX-5 kits on Amazon and eBay. Won't need the vanity bulbs, but everything else looks to be a fit. Will post back if I try them.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Its only a 1.7W bulb so should upgrade quite easily.

There is a chart in this pdf, that you might find useful;

Attachments

Reactions: riosx2013

·
Registered
871 Posts
Thanks! My LEDs arrived in the mail today so going to put them in tomorrow. I think I'll also do LED back up lights too. Anyone swapped those out yet?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks! My LEDs arrived in the mail today so going to put them in tomorrow. I think I'll also do LED back up lights too. Anyone swapped those out yet?

I also switched those out and that make a pretty big difference. In the pictures below you'll see a before and after install. It was pretty simple as well.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Are you sure? My GT has all LED exterior lights with the exception of the turn signals, license plate and backup lights. I have replaced the original incandescent license plate and backup lights with LEDs.
That is the case with my US GT. Only LED tail and brake lights.

I don't know if Canadian versions get more exterior LED lights - doubtful.

I did notice in Japan models come with LED license plate lights. Unless the owners of the 5-6 I saw in recent weeks happened to of replaced theirs.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
I'm quite impressed so just raided eBay for a set.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Are you sure? My GT has all LED exterior lights with the exception of the turn signals, license plate and backup lights. I have replaced the original incandescent license plate and backup lights with LEDs.
I just looked it up again. Looks like the GT comes stock with LED headlights, fog lights, and tail lights. I'd like to get the LED back up lights as well. Do you know what bulb it was?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts