Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had it a little over a month and a guy hits me going 40mph while i was at a stop light. have a little pain in my neck but i'm fine.. the CX-3 isint :(

IMG_3529.jpg

IMG_3686.jpg

·
Registered
872 Posts
Ouch! So glad you're okay and thankfully the damage isn't bad at all. No intrusion and once repaired, will be like new.

Take it easy and don't second guess any pain you're feeling.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Just a word on the whiplash injury.

I had the same thing happen with my whole family while in Florida a many years ago. Being Canadian was one complication and the other was that we were in a rental car leased from a US company. But the thing I want to emphasize is that you should not sign off on injuries like this. In the case of whiplash especially the tissue and nerve damage may be more extensive than is seems at first and it may revisit at times for years after the event with pain and numbness that will keep you going back to the doctor. You need to be sure that you are clear of the symptoms before abandoning any legal procedures you have initiated.

Reactions: mainemanx

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
It makes me wonder how he did it. Phone by any chance?

Glad you are essentially OK.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I was out one day and got into a little tangle on a traffic island (not seen one in the USA but very common in Europe). A young lad cut across the front of me and clipped my front wing and bumper. It was next to nothing and I was not injured. I was away from home but the lad must have informed his insurance as he was local to the island. I got a phone call from my insurance asking me to claim for personal injury. I assured them I was okay but they went on and on........ In the end I had to virtually shout at them that I didn't want to claim.

I agree that you should be able to claim if you are injured but the price of insurance is soaring in the UK due to bogus claims. There are even gangs staging accidents by forcing people to run into them and claiming in what they call "cash for crash".

It sounds like you should claim tyreno if you have some injuries. I would if I was hurt.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I feel your pain, the same thing happened to me in a brand new BMW. The whiplash didn't fully hit me until about 3 weeks later. The worst part is you now have a lowered resale value due to the accident history.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I feel your pain, the same thing happened to me in a brand new BMW. The whiplash didn't fully hit me until about 3 weeks later. The worst part is you now have a lowered resale value due to the accident history.
Yeah, you never quite feel the same after a repair - something creaks at the back and one of the carpets gets wet etc - all because somebody wasn't looking what they were doing.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
turns out the guy didn't have insurance and gave him the time to pay up.. he did not so i filed it on my insurance. and im not the one to sue and never have but i will be going after him for sure. put me in a lot of stress trying to get my car fixed and hoping my rates don't go up.

·
Registered
893 Posts
turns out the guy didn't have insurance and gave him the time to pay up.. he did not so i filed it on my insurance. and im not the one to sue and never have but i will be going after him for sure. put me in a lot of stress trying to get my car fixed and hoping my rates don't go up.
Absolutely sue him for not just the cost to fix the car, but time, lawyer fees, etc. Make him regret not paying up when he had the chance.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Insurance put in the parts order from Mazda over a month ago and still no parts from Mazda.. and i went over the month that the insurance would give me on a rental so now i'm out of a rental.. Mazda is really stressing me out with this long wait and when the insurance calls for me on the status of the parts the dealership tells us they don't know when they will come in. now i'm out of a car and they are going to see about ordering and shipping the parts from the assembly line at the plant where they are built and we will see how that goes.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I am really surprised that Mazda has not stepped up to the plate for you. They should at least provide you with a loaner for the period that you are out of a car. Subaru did that for me when my car was laid up for a few weeks awaiting parts back many years ago. I got to dive one of the only Subaru Bajas in Canada at the time and it was quite an experience.

Good luck with this issue!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I don't know where you are but in the US you generally can't get anything but your deductible and possibly car rental. No chance of lawyers fees, your time or changes to your insurance cost.

But if the insurance company agrees it wasn't your fault and your record is good, it shouldn't have much effect on your future rates. It just puts you under the gun to keep a clean record.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts