Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The moment the cx-3 rolls off the dealer lot, it will have the following installed. Am I missing anything else? I would like to keep the car looking brand spanking new for 5 years.

35% ceramic tints to prolong interior trim and seats. As well as my face.

3M clear bra for a portion of the hood, side mirrors and maybe the full front bumper depending on price.

Hood deflector

Rust proofing by Krown rustproof applied yearly.

I keep feeling like I've missed something. I live in Ontario Canada and the city loves to salt the roads. I hope salt doesn't get trapped between the plastic molding at the wheel wells. Mazda is prone to rust in those places.

I wash my car every two weeks and apply a layer of quick wax. Every 6 months I clay bar and apply a layer of Collinite 845 to maintain the paint.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great point! I'll add those to my shopping list. Do you think it would help keep the back clean? I remember my Mazda 3 hatchback used to have a dirty bum everyone it rained.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The combo of mud flaps and that rear spoiler seem to help a lot. Much better than my Sportwagen.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
I always fit mudflaps but this little truck chucks that much spray up the back of the car when the sun goes behind a cloud, I wouldn’t
like to say I could detect a difference. It does save some muck getting chucked up the sides of the car.

I also fitted the boot liner which is really thick and heavy;

...and I like carpet mats because they feel nice under the feet. I also fitted that little strip of rubber on the foot rest which will stop the carpet from becoming threadbare;

Some of you US/Canadian guys fit the rubber mats which I find a bit agricultural but we don’t get nearly the same amount of snow so I do fully understand why you prefer them. Mine is dripping with soft wax underneath and looks like the day it was delivered;

Reactions: riosx2013

·
Registered
113 Posts
The moment the cx-3 rolls off the dealer lot, it will have the following installed. Am I missing anything else? I would like to keep the car looking brand spanking new for 5 years.

35% ceramic tints to prolong interior trim and seats. As well as my face.

3M clear bra for a portion of the hood, side mirrors and maybe the full front bumper depending on price.

Hood deflector

Rust proofing by Krown rustproof applied yearly.

I keep feeling like I've missed something. I live in Ontario Canada and the city loves to salt the roads. I hope salt doesn't get trapped between the plastic molding at the wheel wells. Mazda is prone to rust in those places.

I wash my car every two weeks and apply a layer of quick wax. Every 6 months I clay bar and apply a layer of Collinite 845 to maintain the paint.
You have got ///or/// should to rinse off the car every time you return home. with snow on te ground during the winter and rinse off the car every time you return home in the rain or drive behind a diesel vehicle to get the acid and road junk off
a cars best friend is the garden hose always dry the car off with a wet Vac on blow cycle.
I know about snow its salty white :::::::::::::::: I lived in the UK for 3 years.
If I lived over there is would get a red crew cabin all wheel drive truck.

CX3
BERMUDA

1 - 7 of 7 Posts