Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked up one of the first i-Activ CX-3s in the NYC tri-state area yesterday. Mid-September arrival forecasts were off by a good bit.
Deep Crystal Blue; AWD.
My first Mazda.

You've read my test drive impressions of the Touring earlier. This is an improvement in several ways.

Tested most of the i-Activ safety tech with the dealer and it works as advertised. The lane departure is a bit strict in narrow lanes, but I was prepared for that. Radar cruise control shows excellent potential for preventing some fatigue on long, boring interstate trips. Lights curved when I turned the wheel. Smart City Brake tests well on wooden fences. (Enough said.) Advanced Blind Spot monitoring flashes in the mirrors when vehicle(s) comes into your blind spot(s) but sound alerts only come on when you activate a turn signal.

Need to get used to the Nav interface. The UI could have been improved here and there. Everything was flash-upgraded by dealer to the latest firmware version. I can't yet confirm turn prompts in the Active Driving pop-up Display.

AC works properly and cooled quickly.

Bose stereo sounds great however I'd still love to have the Mazda3 2016 and CX-5 2016's 9-speaker Bose system featuring Centerpoint2 surround with AudioPilot 2 etc. I have not yet tested Baduk's recommendations for best ambient sound levels for CX-3 Bose system.

Engine is responsive and does occasionally growl a little getting up to speed, but, as I said, that doesn't bother me. Corner and curve handling is a pleasure -- I have to wonder when and where the AWD kicked in. Again, no complaints. Got up steep hills without issue.

I am noticing that the seats are somewhat narrow and there does not appear to be a lumbar control. (Time to crack open the owner's manual?) 2 wide people up front might be shoulder to shoulder. Not a problem in my case. The leather seats are more comfortable than the leatherette in the Touring... for me at least.

Deep Crystal Blue -- Can't yet say that the color shifts as profoundly as it does with the Ceramic Metallic. The hue tends toward the ultramarine. Looking forward to seeing it in different light settings.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Congrats...that blue looks great!!!

I am finding that the Bose sounds even better as the speakers break-in. I also found that for my USB music I needed to use Media Monkey with the "Strict ISO Compliance" box checked. I haven't found any lumbar adjustments on my GT so I am thinking about adding one of the external lumbar wedges I've seen on Amazon.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all! Yes looking forward to seeing how the break-in period goes. Dealer said just don't drive over 75 MPH for first 600 miles, but I'm also following the Quick Start guide (posted elsewhere).

The roads in and around NYC region are in such bad shape I have to constantly dodge potholes with mixed luck. Suspension is getting a workout for sure. Pleased with the ride overall.

Postal -- Lumbar cushion wedge sounds like a must for long trips. I don;t have USB sticks for music. Just using an ancient iPod and my iPhone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts