Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting this here rather than on RX8Club.com because piston swaps in a rotary car are considered heretical over there.

Jason Saini (race car driver) brought a RX-8 to an autocross with the Tri-State Sports Car Council. It looked normal enough. It was a 2010 (Series 2) wearing Aurora Blue Mica in R3 trim with factory Recaro seats. It didn't sound normal when he fired it up. What it sounded like was an LS engine with a hot cam chucking out 563 horsepower at the rear wheels.

After peppering him with tons of questions about how they did the conversion while retaining the OEM instrument cluster, steering rack, and such, he asked, "Hey, want to ride along with me on my next run?"

Do bears defecate in arboreal settings?

I'm probably the biggest atheist anybody will ever meet. I tell you this because it will make what I type next that much more meaningful:
I have to partake in the holy sacrament of confession and say that I had a religious experience over the weekend.

I would change only two things about the car:
  1. I would put a taller final drive in the diff. They kept the stock 4.77 rear end and with that mated to a T56 transmission and a gigantic V8, it's just geared too short.
  2. I would engineer a way to install a front sway bar. The gigantic radiator they used blocked the OEM mounting location and the car really needed a front sway bar.
Words cannot express how frenzied my search is for a garage to rent near downtown Chicago.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
A photo would have been good with that one!

·
Super Moderator
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts