Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
From my

personal experiences, I have had my car lowered via Eibach Coils, it certainly did make the car quite a bit firmer in the ride quality department, also dropped the car by about 1", the first thing that I did notice was the car did not have the feeling of the rear dropping, or front lifting under acceleration, it also made it corner a lot flatter than with the standard coils.
I have now removed the Eibach's and fitted CorkSport Lowered Coils, WOW what a massive difference they did make, sure my car is close to another 1" lower again(2" total) over standard, but these Coils are just so much better in my opinion, the car feels only marginally firmer than what it did with the standard coils, but the look is so much better, again this is my opinion, and will not be liked by others.

My Car is also running 20" alloys with 235/35/20 Tyres, again if I was running the Factory 18's no doubt I would also notice a difference in ride quality with the extra sidewall also helping.

Again these are my thoughts as I have done this and its what I can explain from my experiences.

One more thing also to remember Lowering these cars, they do have a fair overhang in the Front Bar, I now do have to be careful in entering driveways, speed bumps, and more.

I hope that this may be beneficial in what your trying to achieve, one other point is that I am the only one driving my car, I am very conscious about it being lower.

Again these are my opinions from my own personal experiences.

Darren
what bike rack are you using?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hi DB5,

The Rack that I use is a nothing special brand name rack, I bought it from eBay thius is the one I use.

It folds up nicely and even fits in my boot with my claening stuff, and a 10" Active Sub.

Just search Platform Bike Rack, thats all I did.

It suits either the 1.125" and 2" Receivers.

Hope this is of some help.

Darren

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi DB5,

The Rack that I use is a nothing special brand name rack, I bought it from eBay thius is the one I use.

It folds up nicely and even fits in my boot with my claening stuff, and a 10" Active Sub.

Just search Platform Bike Rack, thats all I did.

It suits either the 1.125" and 2" Receivers.

Hope this is of some help.

Darren
is that rack any good?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts