Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just wanting to know if there is anyone here that has had a set of Lowered Springs installed on their CX3.

I currently have a set of Eibach Lowered Springs Fitted, and are needing some info on another set that I have here to go into the Car.

I have a set of Cork Sport Springs, which will give it another further drop as such, I am wanting to know if anyone has them fitted and can give some details on ride quality, etc. before I put them in.

Any info is really appreciated.

[email protected], Australia

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the Corksport springs installed and love them. Gives the car a great sporty suspension feel. I don't know how they compare to eibach's though.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply,

I have been in contact a few times with him in regard to Lowered Eibach's, but I have also got a set of Cork Sport Coils that will drop it by another 25/30mm, but just wanted some others opinions if they have the Cork's installed before I install them, that was all.

[email protected] why

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the Corksport springs installed and love them. Gives the car a great sporty suspension feel. I don't know how they compare to eibach's though.
Thanks for the Information, just what I wanted to hear, lol.

My Eibach's are certainly firmer than the standard coils thats for sure, first thing I did notice was under initial acceleration the back of the Car does not dip down, or the front doesn't lift, and as you have eluded to gives a great sporty feel, and certainly better look in my opinion.

Looks like I better install them, lol.

Darren

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could

I possibly ask a huge favor from you, lol.

Could you possibly get a Tape Measure, and take down the measurements front and rear on your car, so we have something to compare with.

The measurement to be taken from the Centre Of the Hub(Mazda Wheel Badge), to the Lip on the Guard just like in the dodgy Photo I have chucked the red line on for references.

I will measure my Car tomorrow and Post the results.

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can

pic after install lol im too scared to get that mod, idk how it would play with the rest of the car
check my gallery images they show the Lowered Car with Simmons wheels fitted.

We are not lowering the Car's that far that they are no longer able to drive.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I possibly ask a huge favor from you, lol.

Could you possibly get a Tape Measure, and take down the measurements front and rear on your car, so we have something to compare with.

The measurement to be taken from the Centre Of the Hub(Mazda Wheel Badge), to the Lip on the Guard just like in the dodgy Photo I have chucked the red line on for references.

I will measure my Car tomorrow and Post the results.
Yeah, Ill get them for you this afternoon

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Griff

Yeah, Ill get them for you this afternoon
Just home from work, and ran the Tape Measure around my Car, these are the details that my Car has with
Eibach Lowered Springs Fitted:

Measured from Centre Of Hub To Lip Of Guard

Front: 39cm (15.35")
Rear: 39cm (15.35")

Then Measured from Ground To Lip Of Guard

Front: 71cm (27.9")
Rear: 72cm (28.3")

I Have No Factory Spring Measurements to compare with either, sorry.

Darren

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats

From center hub to plastic lip I am 14.25"
Exactly what I was after, its going to drop my Car to where I was hoping it would.

Thanks for the measuring Griff.

Darren

·
Registered
11 Posts
do the springs improve the ride quality? I'm currently looking at a few different suspension options for the wifes car, in stock form the car feels like its under-sprung and over dampened, it doesn't handle large bumps at speed very well. I've watched other CX3's as I drive next to them and it seems like a common problem. Also what are the springs worth?
I've noticed there are a lot more options for these cars in Japan with brands like Autoexe and Tein. may look at importing some coilovers.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Many want to lower ....

Some of us ... in Deep Snow ... want to raise ;--)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
From my

do the springs improve the ride quality? I'm currently looking at a few different suspension options for the wifes car, in stock form the car feels like its under-sprung and over dampened, it doesn't handle large bumps at speed very well. I've watched other CX3's as I drive next to them and it seems like a common problem. Also what are the springs worth?
I've noticed there are a lot more options for these cars in Japan with brands like Autoexe and Tein. may look at importing some coilovers.
personal experiences, I have had my car lowered via Eibach Coils, it certainly did make the car quite a bit firmer in the ride quality department, also dropped the car by about 1", the first thing that I did notice was the car did not have the feeling of the rear dropping, or front lifting under acceleration, it also made it corner a lot flatter than with the standard coils.
I have now removed the Eibach's and fitted CorkSport Lowered Coils, WOW what a massive difference they did make, sure my car is close to another 1" lower again(2" total) over standard, but these Coils are just so much better in my opinion, the car feels only marginally firmer than what it did with the standard coils, but the look is so much better, again this is my opinion, and will not be liked by others.

My Car is also running 20" alloys with 235/35/20 Tyres, again if I was running the Factory 18's no doubt I would also notice a difference in ride quality with the extra sidewall also helping.

Again these are my thoughts as I have done this and its what I can explain from my experiences.

One more thing also to remember Lowering these cars, they do have a fair overhang in the Front Bar, I now do have to be careful in entering driveways, speed bumps, and more.

I hope that this may be beneficial in what your trying to achieve, one other point is that I am the only one driving my car, I am very conscious about it being lower.

Again these are my opinions from my own personal experiences.

Darren

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks mate, that's the sort of feedback I was after, made some phonecalls during the week and found there is not much aftermarket out there with different shock valving, a few different spring options but that's really it. Being such a new model it will take a while for stuff to make its way here. But I did find some Tein coilovers on sale from japan so hopefully the missus doesn't find them too hard, fully adjustable so it should be good. Will let you know how I go when I get them in.
It must be the boy-racer in me. haha.
Also what roof-racks have you got currently look at some whispbars for the MTB's and snowboards.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Roof Racks

Thanks mate, that's the sort of feedback I was after, made some phonecalls during the week and found there is not much aftermarket out there with different shock valving, a few different spring options but that's really it. Being such a new model it will take a while for stuff to make its way here. But I did find some Tein coilovers on sale from japan so hopefully the missus doesn't find them too hard, fully adjustable so it should be good. Will let you know how I go when I get them in.
It must be the boy-racer in me. haha.
Also what roof-racks have you got currently look at some whispbars for the MTB's and snowboards.
are genuine Mazda, I know there are cheaper on eBay, but was able to get them thrown in when I bought the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
From my

personal experiences, I have had my car lowered via Eibach Coils, it certainly did make the car quite a bit firmer in the ride quality department, also dropped the car by about 1", the first thing that I did notice was the car did not have the feeling of the rear dropping, or front lifting under acceleration, it also made it corner a lot flatter than with the standard coils.
I have now removed the Eibach's and fitted CorkSport Lowered Coils, WOW what a massive difference they did make, sure my car is close to another 1" lower again(2" total) over standard, but these Coils are just so much better in my opinion, the car feels only marginally firmer than what it did with the standard coils, but the look is so much better, again this is my opinion, and will not be liked by others.

My Car is also running 20" alloys with 235/35/20 Tyres, again if I was running the Factory 18's no doubt I would also notice a difference in ride quality with the extra sidewall also helping.

Again these are my thoughts as I have done this and its what I can explain from my experiences.

One more thing also to remember Lowering these cars, they do have a fair overhang in the Front Bar, I now do have to be careful in entering driveways, speed bumps, and more.

I hope that this may be beneficial in what your trying to achieve, one other point is that I am the only one driving my car, I am very conscious about it being lower.

Again these are my opinions from my own personal experiences.

Darren

Loving your 20's,how wide are they

1 - 20 of 24 Posts