Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I test drove both the Honda HRV and the CX3. I normally use an auto broker but could not with this model, and the area I live has no competition from other dealers.

Oddly enough felt like a deer in the headlights at the dealership. I don't know how it happened, but I let myself get talked into a black AWD 4dr Sport Model (lowest trim model in Canada).

It didn't have defog on the side mirrors and I highway drive in to work. i could not find a way to retrofit a heated mirror system and at some point thought I might paint the car another colour. I hated the black and finally after driving this car for two weeks, brought it back into the dealership and spoke to the sale manager. To their credit, he offered to get me my WHITE CX 3 -the next model up that had the heated seats and heated side mirrors (among a few other things) and for a very reasonable additional price. I was ecstatic and forever grateful and felt fully taken care of. The sales rep that sold me the first car quit the same day. Why he refused to let me know the colour of car I wanted was in the system is beyond me.

But now I am happy happy happy and really enjoying my ride. Great to see these other posts!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Thanks for sharing and glad you got what you wanted!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Very happy to hear you are loving it @zbgirl You have the same model as me :) I am in Edmonton, what part of Canada are you in?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Victoria BC. How's your car drive on the ice and snow? We haven't had any yet and I would like to know how it handles!

·
Registered
893 Posts
zbgirl, we just got one of the worst snowstorms in recent history on the east coast of the US, and while my neighbor's FWD car got stuck 3 times before she made it out of the parking lot, I was driving around with ease. This is on the stock tires.

·
Registered
240 Posts
@zbgirl Sorry I have been away for some time. We sadly have not had much of a winter here. the bit we had made me very happy to have the AWD. Made cornering a bit more fun :) It is +10 here today so it is more like Spring here right now. Hope you have had some fun with yours!

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Welcome to the forum zb.

·
Registered
222 Posts
That is a very interesting story and so glad you ended up with what you wanted.

Dealers and sales people will often go for the easiest option and quickest to deliver them their commission.

The fact that the dealer swapped the model for you etc shows they have integrity.

Glad your enjoying the CX3

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes I was very impressed with the sales manager. I didn't loose money even though he had commented I was bringing a car back that was used. It had 1000km on it too! But I'd gone ahead and (stupidly) bought the paint protection AND a heated seat for the black CX3. I think it made for an easier re sell to another party.

I also unloaded my aged Golf GTI which was starting to really show wear and tear. The moral of the story is not to be in a rush to get rid of one car for another. It would have been a different scenario if I had had the time to sell the Golf privately for cash.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts