Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Test drove the CX-3 at SC dealer 2 months ago and loved it and wanted to lease for 12k miles + 36 months but their offer was ridiculous! After 30 minutes with the sales manager the salesperson came out with a piece of scrap paper scribbled with numbers "$1000 down, 33 months, high $400's or $2700 down, 33 months low $400's". He explained that this was because the white GT we wanted ($27475) was at another dealer (200 miles away) and it would cost them $1200 to get it? Of course if we took the loaded gray GT $29195 on their lot we could have it for $1000 down + $340 month? I hate these silly sales tricks and I don't understand as I have looked at other dealers who all tell me that the CX-3 is a new model in high demand, hence no deals, yet the same cars sit on their lots unsold. And I have only seen two CX-3's on the road during this same time so I guess they are saving them. I have decided to wait for the new year to see what happens with their pricing.

·
Registered
56 Posts
totally opposite of what I experienced here in Ohio.

Mazda is offering Tier I money factors (.00019) without even checking credit rating, with minimal interest rates on leases. not sure about loans, but assume just as aggressive.

Mazda Loyalty discount and other incentives added up to over $2,900 in reduction based on MSRP of $27,120.

Got a 3 yr. 10K miles/yr lease for $300/month.

$0 down, $0 Sec dep., Mazda pays first month, $0 due at signing.

Never saw a better lease deal.

This special Mazda is running is good through 12/31. Not sure what they'll do after Jan. 1.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Ditto on no deals at Russ Darrow in Milwaukee. First number I was quoted on a finance deal was over $700/month. That was a 60-month loan term. I asked about lease options and I was told "it won't be much less per month, so we didn't even run the numbers. It won't be worth it." After literally spending an entire day at the dealership, I finally managed to get them down to a realistic loan payment that was based on sticker price minus Mazda factory incentives. They tried marking up several hundred dollars for the ceramic metallic color instead of the jet black one I test drove even though sticker was exactly the same on both cars (only difference in trim and options was the paint color). "In-demand color" they said. Baloney, I said. Honor the sticker price or less or I walk.

In retrospect, I should have walked out after their first quote and went to a different dealer that honored the truecar.com quote I had in my hand. Ultimately, I got the same price quoted on truecar, but I wasted a whole day having to negotiate for it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
My car is 63 months $419/mo 1.74% interest. $24,000 OTD about $22,000 before tax and fees with $399+179 for full set of front clear bra.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I talked the dealer into $250/month, 10k m/yr, at $2000 down in the form of our trade in and the KBB of that car was only $2000 in a private party sale. Our buyout at the end of the lease is $13k. Don't be afraid to negotiate and never accept the first offer. We started at $450/month, 15k m/yr, at $0 down with a $15k buyout. I suggest not discussing anything about any trade in you might want to use until they've made an acceptable offer. Dealers like to offer high trade in values and make up for it by increasing the cost of something else.

·
Registered
893 Posts
This is to be expected of brand new cars that are well received and liked. There probably won't be any great deals on the CX-3 until at least the summer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts