Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The large click/knock when it kicks on and off is very noticeable, I'm wondering if its just mine or all cx3's prone to this?

Not pleasant at all when you can feel and hear it over the engine noise at low speeds.

air-compressor, air conditioner noise,

·
Registered
256 Posts
The large click/knock when it kicks on and off is very noticeable, I'm wondering if its just mine or all cx3's prone to this?

Not pleasant at all when you can feel and hear it over the engine noise at low speeds.

air-compressor, air conditioner noise,
Mine does that too.
I mainly notice it when driving in parking lots or other times at very low speeds.
I asked the dealer and the conclusion was that the AC compressor was making the noise.
So for now I'm not concerned, itøs a bit annoying but I've gotten used to it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Mine does that too.
I mainly notice it when driving in parking lots or other times at very low speeds.
I asked the dealer and the conclusion was that the AC compressor was making the noise.
So for now I'm not concerned, itøs a bit annoying but I've gotten used to it.
I also thought that the AC compressor is somewhat noisy and "hard" in the sound, especially when it turning on- and off, but I only think about it when I hold still or running in the queue drive.
In return, I think it does an excellent job.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine AIR CON has died. Aircon wheel does not engage. NO Mazda dealer has a top up gas or converter.
I have had enough of the dealers going bust and poor support.
Selling car

BUT THE GOOD NEWS is my one winter old spare set Alloy/winters and the Emergency tyre are free to someone who wants safety-----see my posting in introductions.

Dick [email protected] 07884498795

·
Registered
28 Posts
Also noticed that same sound when driving slow in parking spaces etc. The ac i quite loud but it does a good job.
I have the same.

It isn't really an issue that it is loud when it turns on, but what really surprised me is that it turns on - and then make the loud click - every 15-20 seconds.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I have the same.

It isn't really an issue that it is loud when it turns on, but what really surprised me is that it turns on - and then make the loud click - every 15-20 seconds.
The click is the clutch kicking in and out.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hmm! Loud compressor? I can't even hear mine when it comes on; and this past summer it has been on a lot! The only way I can tell that it is running is by feeling the air coming out of the vents and check the little LED on the left control knob. What does it sound like, anyway?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hmm! Loud compressor? I can't even hear mine when it comes on; and this past summer it has been on a lot! The only way I can tell that it is running is by feeling the air coming out of the vents and check the little LED on the left control knob. What does it sound like, anyway?
Can you really not hear wh .... I SAY! CAN YOU REALLY NOT HEAR THE SOUND OF THE COMPRESSOR CLICKING ON/OFF?
;)

(Just kidding!)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine is loud also. But the thing that annoys me the most is that the compressor engaging and disengaging constantly.
I complained to the Mazda dealer, and they said it was normal, can anyone confirm this information?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts