Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, it's my first time posting on this forum and I am currently thinking of getting the new cx-3. I currently reside in Doha, Qatar and went to the official mazda dealer to check out th CX-3. I've noticed a few things:

1. I checked the grand touring (to them called high grade) and it does not have an arm rest, I asked the sales person why it doesn't not have an armrest, he told me that cx-3 does not come with an arm-rest. Either they took off the arm-rests so they can sell them separately, or the salesperson is clueless.

2. there is no sun roof, is that normal for the high grade model?

3. it is 4WD and comes with 18 inch wheels.

4. I asked him about the mazda mobile app where I can start the car from phone, he did not have an idea that this existed.

Honestly I felt that I know about the car more than the salesperson does. I've done my homework, I've watched lots of youtube videos, comparisons, and reviews..

I am not sure that I want to pay a grand touring price for a car that lacks some options that I want. What do you suggest? Should I contact Mazda international and ask them?

· Registered
747 Posts
Apparently "High Grade" is not the Grand Touring we get in the States, which would explain your questions 1, 2, and 3. Question 4, the Mazda OEM remote start option requires additional hardware.

It also appears your dealer needs a bit more experience with Mazdas ...

· Registered
871 Posts
Features vary by market. I believe the armrest is offered specifically on North American models. Some markets do not offer the sunroof on GT trim. Nor are 18" wheels standard on AWD models - they are offered on higher trim levels. Features are all very dependent on the market in how Mazda appoints their models.

Good luck with your purchase.

· Registered
19 Posts
FYI, our US Touring model has the arm rest. It has an interesting feature in that it is hollowed out to hold a cell phone, which is welcome given limited storage space elsewhere. There's a little wedge toward the back so that as you slide your phone in, it is gripped securely.

One other point to consider....any dealer add-ons included at time of purchase are 1) covered by the car warranty and 2) included in your loan.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.