Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've run lightweight crank pulleys in my previous cars before, but a quick search for one that works with the CX-3 yields no results. Do the pulleys designed for the Mazda 3 with the same 2.0L Skyactiv engine work with our cars as well?

Also, has anyone had experience with using one on an automatic, or even with this engine? I'd like to know how effective it is.

·
Super Moderator
547 Posts
It's the same engine so it should work.

Whether it will do what you want is anyone's guess. Is this just lighter or is it also and underdrive pulley?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I've seen, they're only lighter weight. Corksport claims their crank pulley is 60% lighter, but I'm not too familiar with the quality of their products. I'm curious to see if anyone has added one to our engine and if it's easy to access in the bay.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Miscellaneous Ramblings: I would think the rotating mass of the drive pulley would have been included in the calculation of the appropriate-sized flywheel ... of course you can also get lightened flywheels, at least for your manual gearbox folks.

In yet another reference to the good ol' days, for very short runs you simply removed the fan/generator belt on your Volkswagen Beetle ... the rich boys had lightened flywheels and lightened drive pulleys, along with adding a few revs at tickover.

Or you could go all-electric like the Prius, and just momentarily turn-off the alternator and water pump ... the fan and power steering are already electric. Think water injection or nitrous oxide on your Spitfire (Rolls Royce Supermarine, not Triumph :--)

When WILL we get a turbo 2.5 litre MazdaSpeed CX-3 ... with Recaro seats?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Miscellaneous Ramblings: I would think the rotating mass of the drive pulley would have been included in the calculation of the appropriate-sized flywheel ... of course you can also get lightened flywheels, at least for your manual gearbox folks.

In yet another reference to the good ol' days, for very short runs you simply removed the fan/generator belt on your Volkswagen Beetle ... the rich boys had lightened flywheels and lightened drive pulleys, along with adding a few revs at tickover.

Or you could go all-electric like the Prius, and just momentarily turn-off the alternator and water pump ... the fan and power steering are already electric. Think water injection or nitrous oxide on your Spitfire (Rolls Royce Supermarine, not Triumph :--)

When WILL we get a turbo 2.5 litre MazdaSpeed CX-3 ... with Recaro seats?
Not really trying to bring the CX-3 to the track (that's what the other ride is for :D) but I will say a turbo option would produce way more smiles per gallon for the daily commute.

It's probably not worth it to get a pulley for our automatics based on what you mentioned about flywheel pairings. I had lighter pulleys and a lighter flywheel in my previous car and I loved how it felt compared to stock.

·
Registered
1 Posts
if there is a manual like a repair manual, or workshop manual to do some maintenance by myself.
I have very good people for this https://www.steeringlpsr.com/ but i just wana know it is possible?:)

Regards.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts