Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm having a real disturbing issue. When I turn off the ignition, my exterior lights stay on. The only way that I can turn them off is by resettiing the lighting in the control panel. It worked for 2 days and now the only way to shut them off is to reset the whole console. Pain in the ___! Problem is that I have to do this everytime I turn off the ignition. The lighting system doesn't seem to work anymore cause my lights are on all the time, even during the day. I can't turn them off manually either. The lighting knob doesn't seem to be responding at all of the positions.Console is dim because of it. That part is normal, lol.

I have an appointment at the dealer on friday so I guess I have to reset the console till then unless you guys have any suggestions that might help.

Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Have you got the coming home lights set? If so, they will go off after 30 seconds or whatever they are set at.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, all is setup the right way. I just can't seem to turn them off, even during the daytime.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Hmmm, odd. I bet the dealer just disconnects the battery and reconnects it again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Anchorman, here's the update. Dealer updated Mazda Connect to version 59. So far so good. He taught maybe it was a starter issue but updated the software aswell. Funny thing is that he might be right cause it started getting cold here and started the car with the starter a week prior. Will let you know if something changes. Thanks for the input.

Shark

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My car automatic starter. It's cold here in Canada and a starter is necessary. Lol.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I'm always suspicious when a car has had dealer modifications! It's an interesting one. Keep us informed ;-)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts