Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Imcase you havent seen it yet

Started off as a niche experiment and ended up working out after finally finding parts that fit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never did find this or prolly missed this. Nice build! Big fan! Will look unto it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any sample builds around here?
Using what suspension at what MM?

I tried to log on using my phone so I could show before and after photos, but that will have to happen another day.

I have a 2017 AWD cx3. I wanted to put Yokohama Geolanders on 16" sparco rims thay had an overall diameter of 28.7". The OEM tires on 18" rims have a diameter of 26.4". No problem to do this in the rear, but up front, the lower mount for the spring sits right over the tire with barely enough clearance for my finger let alone a larger diameter tire. Top mounted spacers do not change this relationship.

Two choices: Find a longer front strut - rumor has it that the CX5 strut is longer and fits. The 19" wheels on the CX5 bear this out as the tires are about 28.5" diameter. I have yet to read where this has been accomplished successfully.

My solution was to purchase an adjustable suspension kit from Flatout Suspension. They build lots of Subaru stuff, but I got adjustable front struts, adjustable rear springs, and longer rear shocks.

Overall. I used the suspension kit to raise the car 1 1/2" and got about 1 1/4" from the tires for a total lift of just under 3", so now my car looks like every other Subaru Crosstrek out there but it's a CX3. I've been asked what kind of Subaru is it.

The dampers are adjustable and the ride is a little firmer than stock. No more scraping the front end on steep driveways.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts