Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Is it out already? About time. It's friggin' gorgeous, looks like a big CX-3 :)
I think it's time for the other cars to get a makeover, particularly the CX-5 and Mazda 3.

But come on Mazda, still couldn't add Android Auto?? What gives? At least the guy asked him, even if he didn't give a satisfactory answer.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Looks great! Did they do any changes to help with the frontal offset crash results? That was the big Achilles' Heel on the prior models where it hasn't done so well in the NHTSA tests. One of my friends has wanted to trade in her old Saturn Vue and get a CX-9 because they have a large dog in the family. The crash test results up through the 2015 models at least have turned her off on it, though.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Its a new design, not just a refresh. I'd be certain it will perform much better than the previous model which is now archaic.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Looks like someone just bought the very first 2016 CX-9 off the lot at Gerald Jones Mazda (not sure where that is)about 2 hours ago.

Edit: Opps, looks like the first U.S. one was actually sold on May 19th. This is according to the Mazda Facebook page

·
Registered
221 Posts
Looks great! Did they do any changes to help with the frontal offset crash results? That was the big Achilles' Heel on the prior models where it hasn't done so well in the NHTSA tests. One of my friends has wanted to trade in her old Saturn Vue and get a CX-9 because they have a large dog in the family. The crash test results up through the 2015 models at least have turned her off on it, though.
Since the crash tests came out very favorable on the CX-3, I am guessing that the 9 is in the same class now (hopefully).

·
Registered
327 Posts
Since the crash tests came out very favorable on the CX-3, I am guessing that the 9 is in the same class now (hopefully).
I would hope so, but it's far from being a done deal. It may look very similar and still yield completely different results. CX-9 is a significantly heavier vehicle which could have a drastic impact on the results because of the increased kinetic energy put into the crash.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts