Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Hmmm. I wonder how Audi and BMW who have been using them for years go on?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I wounder if a seal is broken and letting moisture in? My RX-8 and many others had moisture issues with the tail lights.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Needs headlight warmers :p

Does the frost compromise focus of the lighting much?
Exactly what I was thinking. And yet there is a heat sink at the back of the light???

·
Registered
118 Posts
Without good heat sinking, the internal (junction) temperature of an LED rises, and this causes the characteristics to change. As the junction temperature of an LED is increased, the forward voltage, lumen output, and most significantly, the lifetime of the LED decrease significantly.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Without good heat sinking, the internal (junction) temperature of an LED rises, and this causes the characteristics to change. As the junction temperature of an LED is increased, the forward voltage, lumen output, and most significantly, the lifetime of the LED decrease significantly.
It's a pity some of the heat can't be wasted in keeping the headlight warm.

·
Registered
234 Posts
i seem to have this problem as well. I just took a 40 min drive in -4F here in Madison and my headlights are also frosting over inside. im gonna try bring this up with the guys i work at Mazda and gets some answers. Will keep posted

·
Registered
195 Posts
Both lights have the same problem. Frost melts if you can use HI-beams (more heat) for a longer period.
We'll have to come up with another method to defrost the headlights. Can't high beam in the city for an extended period of time without blinding someone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts