Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just got my 2017 CX3 GS AWD here in Nova Scotia, Canada. Sadly mine came with the stock halogens :( no LEDs for me. The halogens in the CX3 are a lot less bright I find than what was in my 2014 Mazda 3 GT. I do a lot of night highway driving so I decided Im going to try and change my headlights with some LED ones.

The two bulbs that are in there are H11s and 9005s. I ordered the 50W 6500k 8000LM NIGHTEYE LED conversion kits from amazon. It should arrive early next week. Will post how it goes, and pictures updates of installation, before and after.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I wanted to go LEDs for ours too but I have been buying HID kits from the same person for years and they have been working since 2006. Maybe one day I will make the switch haha

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was tempted to go the HID route too but was worried theyd be too bright for other drivers. I know I hate it when someone blinds me with poorly fitted HIDs. I finally installed the LEDs. Love them so far. Theyre so much more aesthetically pleasing than the stock. No converter on anything needed. Were plug and play. Only cost me $90 to replace high and low beams. Got them off of Amazon

·
Super Moderator
547 Posts
The big issue with aftermarket HID headlights is people installing them in halogen reflector-style headlight housings. If you get a good HID kit with proper projector housings (and their sharp horizontal cut-off) then other drivers should be okay.

Just make sure that the new LED headlights have the same sharp cut-off and you'll be fine.

FWIW, IIHS rated the CX-3 LED headlights as "acceptable" but the CX-3 halogen headlights are "poor".
2016 Mazda CX-3

Most other SUV/CUV's did marginal or poor:
Most small SUV headlights rate poor

·
Registered
451 Posts
The big issue with aftermarket HID headlights is people installing them in halogen reflector-style headlight housings. If you get a good HID kit with proper projector housings (and their sharp horizontal cut-off) then other drivers should be okay.

Just make sure that the new LED headlights have the same sharp cut-off and you'll be fine.

FWIW, IIHS rated the CX-3 LED headlights as "acceptable" but the CX-3 halogen headlights are "poor".
2016 Mazda CX-3

Most other SUV/CUV's did marginal or poor:
Most small SUV headlights rate poor
Consumer's Reports also agree with this finding.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Was tempted to go the HID route too but was worried theyd be too bright for other drivers. I know I hate it when someone blinds me with poorly fitted HIDs. I finally installed the LEDs. Love them so far. Theyre so much more aesthetically pleasing than the stock. No converter on anything needed. Were plug and play. Only cost me $90 to replace high and low beams. Got them off of Amazon

A little late to the party here, but I'm hoping to do the same thing. Are these the ones, in H11 and 9005? Do you have any before and after pics?

https://www.amazon.ca/NIGHTEYE-Headlight-conversion-8000LM-lights/dp/B01NCLLT10/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1511009761&sr=8-1&keywords=50W+6500k+8000LM+NIGHTEYE+LED+conversion+kit&th=1

·
Registered
16 Posts
A little late to the party here, but I'm hoping to do the same thing. Are these the ones, in H11 and 9005? Do you have any before and after pics?

https://www.amazon.ca/NIGHTEYE-Headlight-conversion-8000LM-lights/dp/B01NCLLT10/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1511009761&sr=8-1&keywords=50W+6500k+8000LM+NIGHTEYE+LED+conversion+kit&th=1
I have those myself, never got any issue with them so far. I really love the difference in light output (big difference IMO) and so far nobody flashed me thinking I had my high beams. Took a big 2-3 minutes to install (if even), crazy easy to do.

If you search in the mazda subreddit, someone posted some pictures with those same led lights on their cx-3 (could be CanadaCX3).

Edit: here's the album from the reddit post https://imgur.com/a/c0ozQ , doesn't show much for lighting at night..

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have those myself, never got any issue with them so far. I really love the difference in light output (big difference IMO) and so far nobody flashed me thinking I had my high beams. Took a big 2-3 minutes to install (if even), crazy easy to do.

If you search in the mazda subreddit, someone posted some pictures with those same led lights on their cx-3 (could be CanadaCX3).

Edit: here's the album from the reddit post https://imgur.com/a/c0ozQ , doesn't show much for lighting at night..
Awesome, thank you, GeeArr!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Do you guys know how to change the side lights or parking lights? I have changed the headlights to Led ones and I want to replace the parking lights to LED too but I dont know how to replace them, I can see the socket, I tried to turn it to right and left but it is very hard, does anyone know how to replace them?

·
Registered
1 Posts
To replace the turn signals or parking lights in the front I believe they should be held in by some type of clip if I'm not mistaken I work on my mothers cx3 all the time but haven't had to replace them yet

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yup that's me on Reddit. I also blacked out my Cx3 recently. I'll try and get a night time photo tonight and post it to the same album. Haven't had a chance lately.
Hi I'm new to this forum and also looking to replace the halogens on my CX3.
Can you please confirm the part numbers for the two sets you purchased on Amazon?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey there everyone

Here are the different OEM halogen bulbs on our CX3 2.0l Skyactive from France. It's a Elegance version, the base model.

Our model of lights is a little bit different from yours:

My DayLight Running lights, always on when the car is turned on even if lights are off, they are common W5W bulbs.

My LOW BEAMS bulbs, H11 just like you guys

Here are the HIGH BEAMS bulbs, it's a H15 bulb

Could you please help me out with the best upgrade solution in my case thanks ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts