Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My previous car was a Cruze and I was able to wire LED cup holders to the wires that powered my traction control light. So the cupholders turned on when the car did. I am working with the same company and am wondering if anyone as the wiring details for the Mazda CX3 GT AWD. I have light indicators on the gear shift, perhaps I can wire it to that?

Any details would be great. They told me step by step for my Cruze but they don't have the wiring information for the Mazda CX3.

Cheers.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I spliced and tapped into the gearshift light on my Mazda3 several times. I've yet to do so on the CX3 but have thought about it for LED footwells. If I needed to run some LEDs, gearshift indicator lights are the wires I'd tap into.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I installed LED cup holders (cool white) and hard wired them to my gear shift. I also ordered LED glow bars (white) and also hard wired them to my gear shift. So my footwells for passenger and driver are white. I also illuminated the back of the seats so if I have passengers they will have the ambient lighting. The lights run the entire time the vehicle is running.

If I find the footwell lighting annoying I can always decide to change to mode or turn it off as it came with a remote. I will try and get pictures up when I get a spare moment. Install was pretty easy once I found out the right wires to splice into.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Tyler,

When I heard about your endeavors, truthfully speaking, I must say that I was doubtful.

Now that I've seen the end result, I must say that your efforts have not gone unnoticed. Great job!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts