Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question: Is there a way to configure the car (either through the setup or through a "CMU adjustment") so that the car unlocks when the key is in proximity? It currently auto-locks as I walk away, I'd like it to auto-unlock as I get close. Do you guys know if this is possible?

- Ben

·
Registered
240 Posts
I think in Canada the proximity lock and unlock is only available on the GT level. I have the GS (step down from GT) and i still need to use the FOB.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rampant.

Yeah I got me a GT here in Canada. Just wondering if I can bypass the request button on the handle and have the car unlock itself as it sees the keys approaching the vehicle. Lazy I know :)

- Ben

·
Registered
240 Posts
haha that isn't lazy, I see it as convenient :) Not sure if that is possible though.

·
Registered
195 Posts
You could probably ask your local dealership if it's possible to program it to unlock on proximity too. They would probably say no but it never hurts to ask.

·
Registered
265 Posts
You could probably ask your local dealership if it's possible to program it to unlock on proximity too. They would probably say no but it never hurts to ask.
If they say no, there's a chance that some independent shop that specializes in Mazda will have the reprogramming software to do it. Worth trying.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts