Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my wife and I just pulled the trigger on a Blue AWD CX-3 GS with the lux package and other small options. I currently am driving a 2015 Mazda 3, so the CX-3 feels familiar.

My wife likes the size of the car and that it has a slightly higher ground clearance vs. the cars. We live just outside Hamilton, Ontario, Canada (about 45 outside Toronto for our American members), so my wife really wanted AWD for the winter. I went a step further and got a snow tires with steelies package to go with the purchase, as awd is only good for getting you twice as far in the ditch by itself.

I am looking forward to taking possession of the car. I get it Monday. The price was really good for what you get IMO. I think the only downside to the car is the cheap after-thought of an armrest, that there is no pull down cup holder in the rear seat and the limited space in the trunk (I think my 3 has more space).

I am looking forward to hanging around and talking car.

Cheers.

· Premium Member
2,079 Posts
Welcome to the club HD.

· Registered
149 Posts
I cannot understand why there is not an armrest included. It is so simple to put in the vehicle, and provides a great deal of utility to the driver. Not having one can be quite noticeable too. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Welcome to the forum! :D

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome HD! But cheap armrest? I'm in Canada too (as you can tell by my user ID), and I thought the Canadian models didn't come with an armrest...?
Hi JT,

The armrest was dealer add-on. It is a Mazda part, that from a quick glance, looks like it bolts into the back of the centre console. However, the armrest is a dinky little after-thought for the car. It sits about 6 inches over top of the centre consol, covering where you would put your coffee mug or any other drink. So while it functions as a place to put your arm, you lose the functionality of the cup holders. Dumb if you as me, as Mazda obviously didn't.

· Registered
65 Posts
I cannot understand why there is not an armrest included. It is so simple to put in the vehicle, and provides a great deal of utility to the driver. Not having one can be quite noticeable too. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Welcome to the forum! :D
Having just bought a CX-3 I have been thinking about why they did not put an armrest in and I think it is about saving money and as a new model they want to competitively price it.

Maybe if they come out with an update in 2017 they will introduce an electric park brake which will give them more room to have a permanent armrest like in the updated CX-5.

· Premium Member
2,079 Posts
We get the armrest, but it appears to be an after thought and not much good. They squeak like crazy as well. Maybe the 17s will have an upgrade we can retrofit.
If you can get your hands on the deep armrest, they don't make any noise even if you slump all over it

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the welcome.

So I picked up the car on Monday and it is nice to drive. You feel a little bit more over bumps vs the Mazda3, but overall and nice riding vehicle. My only issue right now is getting my iPhone 5c to sync. It syncs with my 3, but for some reason it won't sync with the cx-3. I even cleared all of my sync'd devices and tried from scratch, and nothing.

As mentioned, it is a 5c with ios9 on it. It works in my 2015 mazda, but not my 2016.. bizarre....

· Registered
303 Posts
Thanks for the welcome.

So I picked up the car on Monday and it is nice to drive. You feel a little bit more over bumps vs the Mazda3, but overall and nice riding vehicle. My only issue right now is getting my iPhone 5c to sync. It syncs with my 3, but for some reason it won't sync with the cx-3. I even cleared all of my sync'd devices and tried from scratch, and nothing.

As mentioned, it is a 5c with ios9 on it. It works in my 2015 mazda, but not my 2016.. bizarre....

I've heard this sporadically.
Check Infotainment OS version
51 seems to be the problem.
Dealer updated mine to 55 for other reason

LVC would reset to zero &
steering wheeling control only cycled through current setting FM,AM, XM
new version cycles through all favorites

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.