Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, my first post but had to share.

I have had my CX-3 GT for a few months now and today I got the Infotainment update to the latest. The tech said they just got the update just days ago.

To my surprise, I NOW HAVE ALBUM ART with Bluetooth streaming from my iPhone. It was just blank before the update. I also have 11.4 on my iPhone as well, the latest.

I looked up on the way home and BAM...now see album art. I had to do a double look and check. I have have the latest gracenotes too as well done.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Congratulations on your GT and on your Album Art ... and, welcome to our happy group!

Whereabouts are you located?

·
Registered
10 Posts
That’s cool. I went to dealer the other day for second time driver mirror motor replacement and tailight replacement due to moisture building inside, and to update my 2016 version 56 to 59 something something. And surprise surprise, i got a call that they bricked the infotainment, and they ordered a new one.... ��

btw- Which is the latest infotainment version ?

·
Registered
171 Posts
I’m still at 55 something and every time I go to the dealer to get a update they say it’s not necessary.Is it worth it to get the update or is it necessary?

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
It’s usually better if you have the latest version. Tell them it keeps re-booting and you want it done.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I updated my map on the SD and also did the grace notes update. I use spotify and I dont got no album art. I do have album art if I use my ipod via the USB port. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Rogue album art

It’s usually better if you have the latest version. Tell them it keeps re-booting and you want it done.

Anchorman... I have a cx3 and when my battery died (way too early) I asked for the update. I told them that it was having issues, which it was! Those punk's charged me $50.... what pissed me off is it ruined my existing album art. I have all of these fake generic pictures instead of the real album art. Do you know if there is a way to turn off album art all together?

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Anchorman... I have a cx3 and when my battery died (way too early) I asked for the update. I told them that it was having issues, which it was! Those punk's charged me $50.... what pissed me off is it ruined my existing album art. I have all of these fake generic pictures instead of the real album art. Do you know if there is a way to turn off album art all together?
Those generic pictures are generated by Gracenote. I think there is a setting somewhere to disable it but I can’t fiddle with mine as I’m out of the country. Just have a little look in the settings. I think it’s more if you stream music rather than connect via the USB.

·
Registered
451 Posts
If you can get iTunes on your computer, I would plug the drive into the computer and let iTunes restore all the authentic album art. This is what I did before I plugged my flash drive back into the car. Now I have all my album art displayed perfectly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts