Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I am probably being extra picky with this, but its been bugging me since I noticed it. The passenger side is wider than on the drivers side.
For anyone that can't tell where this is, it's where the rear bumper meets the rear side fender.

Is this something that can be adjusted? Is it common?

Attachments

· Premium Member
2,079 Posts
The bumper clips close to the light. It can't be adjusted. I think like DJ says, the gap shouts at you because of the colour so it perhaps looks worse. I don't think you should lose any sleep over it ;-)

Reactions: d1zturbe3d

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was hoping there was some sort of adjustment that could be made by the dealer to close the gap a bit more.

....But yeah I guess you are right. Just need to learn to live with it. :|

· Registered
274 Posts
I know I am probably being extra picky with this, but its been bugging me since I noticed it. The passenger side is wider than on the drivers side.
For anyone that can't tell where this is, it's where the rear bumper meets the rear side fender.

Is this something that can be adjusted? Is it common?
On checking that gap I see on my car it looks the same as in your pic. While mine is on the same side as your car it happens to be "my driver's" side (right hand drive). The left hand side has no gap. I can fit 4 sheets of printer paper into the gap just under the light. I looked at anchorman's previous CX-3 (very clear) pics and could not detect a gap. While in some sense a little irritating it's certainly not going to cause any loss of sleep. (Anyway, GOOD PICKUP).

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I'm glad to know my CX-3 isn't the only one with these gap issues!

It's just one of those things you notice once and it continues to bug you until one day you forget about it I guess lol.

Thanks mainemanx, I'm debating on trying to see what I can do myself or just have my dealer look into it instead...

· Registered
747 Posts
Well I'm glad to know my CX-3 isn't the only one with these gap issues!

It's just one of those things you notice once and it continues to bug you until one day you forget about it I guess lol.

Thanks mainemanx, I'm debating on trying to see what I can do myself or just have my dealer look into it instead...
After they (1) gouged out three holes in attempting to mount the rear license plate, (2) tried to use CX-5 specs to align my steering wheel, and have been generally defensive about everything, I've lost all confidence in my dealer.

I ended-up paying $90 to get a reputable alignment shop to adjust the tie rod ends and assure me there had been no front suspension damage, that everything was within spec. $90 to ensure your new car is new ... infuriating and embarrassing, yet none-the-less reassuring.

It appears the Mazda dealer had not updated their computerized alignment machine, and were trying to "wing it." While the independent shop did not have the 2017 specs, we assumed it was the same as 2016, which they manually input into their machine ...
Now, not only does it steer great, but the steering wheel is aligned with the horizon :)

Apologies for the Rant ... Bottom Line: If you've confidence in your dealer, I would at least get their opinion.

· Registered
125 Posts
Both my drivers and passenger side looks like that on the pic. My car's exterior color is ceramic metallic and it doesn't bother me one bit! You're OK!

Attachments

Reactions: d1zturbe3d
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.