Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As the title suggests, I am currently in the process of replacing all bulbs with their LED equivalents. I of course now have hyperflashing turn signals, and I'm wondering if there is a flasher relay I can swap, in order to stop it? I'm hesitant on resistors because I read they get very hot, enough to melt plastic. Not to mention it defeats the purpose of the LEDs low power consumption and heat emission. I'm not particularly worried about the front ones, since I can tuck the resistors away somewhere on the frame, but on the rear taillight housing there isn't very much space, nor ventilation for the load resistors.

I'm thinking there is no flasher relay since the signal volume can be changed electronically :\

If there isn't and anyone has any suggestions on where the place the load resistors on the rear lights, I'd be happy to read them.

Ultimately I'll literally count how many flashes per second occur, and if it doesn't exceed the legal limit, it's staying as it is.

Edit: It appears to flash at 180 FPM which is illegal in Washington :\

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
There isn’t one is the short answer. The CPU is housed inside the BCM (body control module) and is responsible for all lighting. They go to a lot of trouble to make it flash fast as some countries require it to warn the driver of bulb failure. I would go for led bulbs with resistors built in.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
As far as I am aware there is no flasher relay, it is controlled by the F-BCM (Front Body Control Module). If you're looking to get LED bulbs, install a resistor or a CANBUS harness to eliminate the chance of a bulb-out warning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts