Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the CTEK MUS 4.3 12v cigarette lighter battery maintainer. Any problem using this on my CX-3? If no problem, does it matter which cigarette lighter port I plug the charger into? Thanks!

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have the CTEK MUS 4.3 12v cigarette lighter battery maintainer. Any problem using this on my CX-3? If no problem, does it matter which cigarette lighter port I plug the charger into? Thanks!
is there more than one ?

and circuit is inactive when vehicle is off

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is there more than one ?

and circuit is inactive when vehicle is off

Thanks Dean. You're right about the single cigarette lighter port.

If the cigarette lighter circuit is inactive then I assume that I must attach the battery maintainer leads directly to the battery in order to trickle charge the battery.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Thanks Dean. You're right about the single cigarette lighter port.

If the cigarette lighter circuit is inactive then I assume that I must attach the battery maintainer leads directly to the battery in order to trickle charge the battery.
Are you running something that is resulting in battery power loss ?

I'm not aware of any complaints and mine does not have the comfort of a garage in the cold Canadian winter.
I also run dash cams front & back, so that also drains the battery.

No simple solutions for the cams (yet)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, daughter's freshman year in college out of state and can't have a car. I'm storing her car in a rented garage about a mile from my house. I have the battery maintainer already. Just wanted to make sure it was ok to use on the CX-3.

·
Registered
303 Posts
No, daughter's freshman year in college out of state and can't have a car. I'm storing her car in a rented garage about a mile from my house. I have the battery maintainer already. Just wanted to make sure it was ok to use on the CX-3.
It should be fine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts