Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if I installed a hitch if I would be able to purchase bike rack that could accommodate 3 bikes? I need to transport 2 adults and one kids bike. Not going g cross country or anything,usually 2-3 hrs travel max. Any info would be appreciated!

Best regards,

Rick

·
Registered
256 Posts
The hitch I can buy from Mazda Denmark has a max. loadcpacity of 75 kg.
So if You can find a bike rack (Thule makes many different types like this one Thule VeloCompact 927 - Thule) to hold 3 bikes and You are under the 75 kg. in total, I can't see any problems.

Sorry about the link, it maybe showing up in danish, just switch to english :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just checked Saris website and they have the CX3 listed on their "Fit Finder". It seems none of their trunk racks work but they have a bunch of hitches available including 3 bike configurations. I don't think etrailer sells their products. I might give them a call tomorrow just to confirm but I'll be a very happy camper if it's true!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Just checked Saris website and they have the CX3 listed on their "Fit Finder". It seems none of their trunk racks work but they have a bunch of hitches available including 3 bike configurations. I don't think etrailer sells their products. I might give them a call tomorrow just to confirm but I'll be a very happy camper if it's true!
E trailer says it is the weight of three bikes with the bike rack and they do not advise it.
E trailer wrote the the Cx-3 can only handle a class one hitch with the bike rack they even go further that Mazda does not support even towing with the hitch.
If you notice that Mazda does not even offer a hitch in The US market.Personally if it were me I would not risk it from the information I got from e trailer.I am getting a draw-tite hitch and a swagman XTC-2 bike rack that supports two bikes.

·
Registered
44 Posts
E trailer says it is the weight of three bikes with the bike rack and they do not advise it.
E trailer wrote the the Cx-3 can only handle a class one hitch with the bike rack they even go further that Mazda does not support even towing with the hitch.
If you notice that Mazda does not even offer a hitch in The US market.Personally if it were me I would not risk it from the information I got from e trailer.I am getting a draw-tite hitch and a swagman XTC-2 bike rack that supports two bikes.
The Canadian market now sells an accessory hitch and bike rack; though the bike rack is only for 2 bikes. Though again it's an accessory hitch not a towing hitch!

Side note - Canadian market now sells roof racks too! These were unavailable a few months ago when I bought mine

·
Registered
171 Posts
The Canadian market now sells an accessory hitch and bike rack; though the bike rack is only for 2 bikes. Though again it's an accessory hitch not a towing hitch!

Side note - Canadian market now sells roof racks too! These were unavailable a few months ago when I bought mine
I'm looking forward to see if Mazda has a different design on there hitches or are they just rebranding a curt or a hidden hitch with the Mazda name on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts