Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wonder which trim level gets the large speedo, and which gets the large tachometer? Or maybe one is for manual transmission, and the other is for automatic? Pics are from Australian website:

·
Registered
168 Posts
If I had to say for sure... you can probaably switch between the two in a menu somewhere...

notice how the speedo has a tach on the left side...

but then again the door ajar and seatbelt light move positions...

·
Registered
190 Posts
If I had to say for sure... you can probaably switch between the two in a menu somewhere...

notice how the speedo has a tach on the left side...

but then again the door ajar and seatbelt light move positions...

That is what I was thinking too, but I couldn't tell if the display was a screen or if it was a physical gauge.

·
Registered
265 Posts
One thing i really like is the placement of the warning lights, always hated how with some vehicles it's above everything else, meanwhile it's not as immediately important as say knowing your RPM, Speed, Gas, etc.

·
Registered
190 Posts
A great instrument cluster. I'm hoping its variable so that you can choose what information you want displayed where. That seems like it could be a good thing to offer as part of an options package.

·
Registered
149 Posts
This picture from the CX3 Mazda site shows the speed in the middle of the cluster. Its hard to tell if its a screen or a gauge with a needle from the picture though.

·
Registered
190 Posts
One thing that I see in that picture that I didn't notice before is the HUD speed thing right above the instrument cluster. Didn't realize that was there before.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Okay so according to motortrend.ca the instrument panel has a center-mounted tachometer.

The interior is also handsome. The design and layout are similar to the Mazda 2 and even the Mazda 3, with an instrument panel dominated by a center-mounted tachometer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It will probably be the dial speedometer in lower trims levels, and the center tachometer with digital speedometer in higher trims, like the Mazda 3 (as it is in the US anyway).

·
Registered
29 Posts
April 11th I'll have the opportunity to see the CX-3 live and perhaps I'm allowed to drive it. I will pay special attention to the dials.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Speedo or Tach

If one has the Heads Up Display one gets the tach, and if you get the entry level without the Heads Up Display than you get the Speedo. Makes sense ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
If one has the Heads Up Display one gets the tach, and if you get the entry level without the Heads Up Display than you get the Speedo. Makes sense ;)
Same thing I was thinking too.. Kinda like the 3 series here in the US... The higher trims get the head up display with tach

·
Registered
29 Posts
This picture from the CX3 Mazda site shows the speed in the middle of the cluster. Its hard to tell if its a screen or a gauge with a needle from the picture though.

http://firstevermazdacx-3.com.au/images/interior-design-and-suv-versatility/gallery/images/mazda-cx-3-dashboard-and-steering-wheel.jpg

Seen the CX-3 GT-M this morning. Very nice and compact car! I will not be surprised if the CX-3 is going to be a hit for Mazda.
The Dial Cluster was not illuminated (batt. connection removed) but the cluster was the same as the picture above. The needle is a real needle.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Happy to hear good things about the HUD. I'm not gonna get the higher trim level just for that but it'll be a consideration. What else comes with that package? Anyone know or have a guess?

·
Registered
29 Posts
The HUD flips up if needed.
Extra on the (highest trim level in our Country) the GT-M:

BSM, RCTA, HBC, MRCC, AFLS, 18 INCHERS, HUD, SKE, NAV INTEGRATED, REAR CAM, BOSE PREMIUM, FLIPPERS ON STEARINGWHEEL (only i.c.w. automatic gearbox)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts