Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to installing my 2 channel dash cam from blackboxmycar.com. Fairly easy to put and currently only running through my 12v acc socket so it turns off when the car is off. Will be getting a battery storage from the same site so I can enable parking mode for when I leave my car in the cruel frat party laden streets of downtown Madison.

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Nice ,but If I parked anywhere in the St.Louis area it would probably be gone in a matter of days if I left it in the car.Nice job on the install.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice. Wouldn't it be easier & cheaper to hardwire into the fusebox though?
I'm planning on doing that after I get my battery pack for the unit which would help not drain my battery that much despite the camera has a low voltage kill feature to ensure I dont end up stuck somewhere. Also I didn't have time to get a couple of terminals from our parts department which is "free" so I just stealth wire into my 12v socket.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Hey Snoogs, what about getting that wire under the kick panel before any of these guys sees it? ;-)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Finally got around to installing my 2 channel dash cam from blackboxmycar.com. Fairly easy to put and currently only running through my 12v acc socket so it turns off when the car is off. Will be getting a battery storage from the same site so I can enable parking mode for when I leave my car in the cruel frat party laden streets of downtown Madison.

Send me the link to your first posted video.

You may have seen some that I have posted.

The wide angle lens sometimes makes a close call look not so bad.
I've posted several idiot drivers , it feels like therapy ;)

and don't forget a spare SD card (nice to have one running while looking at video on the other)

They also record what the tech does while the CX-3 is serviced :eek:

Hope you enjoy as much as I do

zoom-zoom-got that on cam

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I can't stop my rear camera interfering with my digital radio. The front one is fine.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Where is the DAB Ariel mounted?
In the rear screen. I had the wire running through the same rubber umbilical to the back door and it simply stopped digital reception. Then I ran it right round the frame and through the opposite umbilical which slightly improved it. Then I ran it right away from the rear glass and made a little Perspex mount that sides under the centre rear headrest. It's much better but even that causes drop out, fizzing and crackling in poor reception areas.

·
Registered
118 Posts
In the rear screen. I had the wire running through the same rubber umbilical to the back door and it simply stopped digital reception. Then I ran it right round the frame and through the opposite umbilical which slightly improved it. Then I ran it right away from the rear glass and made a little Perspex mount that sides under the centre rear headrest. It's much better but even that causes drop out, fizzing and crackling in poor reception areas.
anchorman, you could try a clip-on ferrite core at the end of the camera cable, e.g. ebay or CPC or Maplin. Choose one that's a tight fit depending on the diameter of the cable.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
anchorman, you could try a clip-on ferrite core at the end of the camera cable, e.g. ebay or CPC or Maplin. Choose one that's a tight fit depending on the diameter of the cable.
Funnily enough, another electrical genius said the same. If he says it and you say it then it's a fact as far as I'm concerned ;)

Leave it with me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts