Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Looks pretty terrific! One thing i was worried about was the finish matching the other accent pieces but it looks like it does match well.

R
Yes, I think their choice of stainless matches well ... it certainly adds a nice, finishing accent to the back of the vehicle.

P.S. The trailer hitch is a carryover from my recent Prius days ... an attempt to keep people (parallel parkers, etc.) off my rear. Fat lot of good it did when a young lady took an abrupt left turn and wiped out the front end. Hence, the CX-3 ... with all its collision avoidence gear ;-)

Reactions: ret63

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yes, I think their choice of stainless matches well ... it certainly adds a nice, finishing accent to the back of the vehicle.

P.S. The trailer hitch is a carryover from my recent Prius days ... an attempt to keep people (parallel parkers, etc.) off my rear. Fat lot of good it did when a young lady took an abrupt left turn and wiped out the front end. Hence, the CX-3 ... with all its collision avoidence gear ;-)
Nice add with the trailer hitch... I have one too but without the attachment.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Nice add with the trailer hitch... I have one too but without the attachment.
Depending on the the hitch manufacturer, it may have to come off before the garnish can go on.
Of course, the second installation seems to take 1/10 as long as the first :|

·
Registered
205 Posts
Got my deflector on the way from ebay, thanks for taking the plunge first with the Aussie deflector so I now know they fit on US/Canada model cars.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Got my deflector on the way from ebay, thanks for taking the plunge first with the Aussie deflector so I now know they fit on US/Canada model cars.
Just an FYI to be careful when screwing the mounting brackets to the deflector and don't tighten them the full way. It results in the deflector becoming a cool little wing that lifts of your bonnet when you drive. I was lucky as it's warm here so the glue hadn't set yet, but it might set pretty quick in Canada. Might be best to do a quick trip up the road and back after installing to make sure it doesn't lift off.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Ok, thanks for the tip. I'll check that when I get the item and do the install (most likely will wait till spring and warmer weather before doing it).

·
Registered
872 Posts
I installed my roof rails today. The right one seems a tad shorter than the left. The end piece doesn't go into the hatch lid trim as far as it seems it should. Otherwise, I love them. They add a little vertical height and the brightwork ties in nicely with the lower door trim, all contrasts nicely on the black.

I started to install the lower rear bumper trim but thought my garage was a bit too cool for all the adhesive work that is needed. May wait until the Spring to install it.

·
Registered
745 Posts
If you bought the rails domestically, I'd take a picture, contact the seller and ask for a return or compensation.

I recently ebayed an item from china, quality was just too low to use, took pictures and requested a return, seller immediately refunded my paypal account and requested I dispose of the item ... no return.

P.S. Your bumper trim is not the no-adhesive, stainless-steel version from china/thailand?

·
Registered
872 Posts
If you bought the rails domestically, I'd take a picture, contact the seller and ask for a return or compensation.

I recently ebayed an item from china, quality was just too low to use, took pictures and requested a return, seller immediately refunded my paypal account and requested I dispose of the item ... no return.

P.S. Your bumper trim is not the no-adhesive, stainless-steel version from china/thailand?
I purchased both items together, from Mazdaswag - same as the OP. Both pieces are Mazda OEM accessory. The variance is livable, just not perfect.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Ordered the cross bars and wanted to get the same rear bumper piece as mr. mainemanx... however they seem to be not processing orders for the next month.

Will post pic after I get the crossbars on.

RET

·
Registered
745 Posts
Cross bar attached.... the tork tool it comes with is awful.
'Looking good ... although I still think there's too much arch in the cross bars. (Mine went back in the box and ended up high up on a garage shelf ... facilitates winter snow removal :)

Thank goodness I have a set of TORX drivers and sockets ... immediately threw away the included tool.

·
Registered
745 Posts
hey? I had a question about the installation of thee rear guard that I will DM you about.....
Oops, my bad, I missed your message, but just gave you a brief response.

First, have you downloaded the OEM instructions from the ever-helpful Med-Center Mazda.
While the OEMs are plastic and double-sided taped on, ours are screwed, their instructions give somewhat of an orientation ...

Edit: I started a new thread ... feel free to modify ...

Reactions: anchorman and ret63

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Oops, my bad, I missed your message, but just gave you a brief response.

First, have you downloaded the OEM instructions from the ever-helpful Med-Center Mazda.
While the OEMs are plastic and double-sided taped on, ours are screwed, their instructions give somewhat of an orientation ...

Edit: I started a new thread ... feel free to modify ...
Thanks for your help! I will try this weekend.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Nice!
I've been eye the roof racks too. How is the wind noise when driving at different speeds (windows up and down)?

21 - 40 of 44 Posts