Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I added the factory roof rails.
It didn't take that long maybe an hour and a half.
I think for me the hardest part was making sure the rubber would stay on the aluminum rails. Also doing it in 28º weather didn't help ;)

Next up, fix that nasty horn.

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
This weekend I added the factory roof rails.
It didn't take that long maybe an hour and a half.
I think for me the hardest part was making sure the rubber would stay on the aluminum rails. Also doing it in 28º weather didn't help ;)

Next up, fix that nasty horn.
Looks nice.
How much were those and do you have part number for them?

·
Registered
143 Posts
They do look good, and being that our cars are the same color and trim, it gives me an idea how mine would look if I were to purchase those.

Reactions: ret63

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looks good. Just picked up the rails and bars today myself. Waiting for a warmer day to install.

Picked mine up for $229 for the rails and $136 for the bars. No Shipping made the price basically the same as buying online. If anyone is looking for these in the Seattle area University Mazda always seems to have better then average price on parts.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Looks sharp. I've been thinking about adding them as well.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Anyone thinking of installing the rails, don't let the overly-cautious instructions inhibit you.

For instance, prying off the original plastic strip ... one twist of the tape-covered screwdriver and the whole thing pops off. Otherwise, just go slowly and you're golden.

My only disappointment, the cross-bars have more of an arch than I would like.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Do I see a hood deflector on your car? Which one is it that you have and can you post up a pic of it on your car?

Nice roof racks BTW. :laugh:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thanks for the pic, that looks good. Good to know the Aussie one fits our models here. I think I will get one also I just don't like the one they have avail here when it actually mounts on the hood leaving that painted area directly in front of it exposed totally defeats the reason to have a deflector on.

One thing, does the Aussie deflector block access to the hood latch when you try to open the hood in the front after releasing the lock or is there enough space there to get your fingers in to move the hatch release?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the pic, that looks good. Good to know the Aussie one fits our models here. I think I will get one also I just don't like the one they have avail here when it actually mounts on the hood leaving that painted area directly in front of it exposed totally defeats the reason to have a deflector on.

One thing, does the Aussie deflector block access to the hood latch when you try to open the hood in the front after releasing the lock or is there enough space there to get your fingers in to move the hatch release?
It does NOT block access to the hood latch... its fine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You weren't kidding. Installed my roof rails/bars today- real quick and straight forward. Ended up going slow just to prevent myself from dropping a tool and scratching the car. Then took it for a quick wash.

Attachments

·
Registered
872 Posts
I decided to move forward and purchase a set myself...

.... along with the rear lower bumper trim and door sills. My CX3 needs a lil love :)

·
Registered
745 Posts
My bumper trims were eBay'ed from bleqi ... a little over $100 US, each. Extremely well packed, arrived in less than a week! No instructions but easily installed. Relatively robust stainless steel.

P.S. Aussie gear seems awfully pricey to me :(

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
My bumper trims were eBay'ed from bleqi ... a little over $100 US, each. Extremely well packed, arrived in less than a week! No instructions but easily installed. Relatively robust stainless steel.

P.S. Aussie gear seems awfully pricey to me :(
i agree, that's why i am waiting..

I plan to check out the 'bleqi" place on ebay. Do you have any Pics with it on?

I also bought this on amazon and it was surprisingly well made:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GC1NBP6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 *I think this is all from the same place!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Rear Garnish

i agree, that's why i am waiting..

I plan to check out the 'bleqi" place on ebay. Do you have any Pics with it on?

--- SNIP ---
Will post a better pic once the extra badges have been removed :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 44 Posts