Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

Infotainment Voice Recognition Training

7K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Zechariah936 
#1 ·
Hello again guys...I still asking my "stupid" questions but since this is the CX-3 community I tough you might know the answer to the questions I cannot find the answer:

I'd like to know if the Infotainment has any Voice Recognition Training to better understand my accent? I went to the instruction booklet and kind of mention to quick press the "talk" button and the training would start...but honestly I'm tired of pressing and I cannot make this happen at all, now I'm thinking that maybe my system doesn't have any training feature and is just as it is.

If you have any idea or know how to do this I would appreciate your help.

Thank You: frgg

#2 ·
I'm pretty sure the the training feature feature means it will explain how to use the voice command feature in the menu you are using and isn't for the car to learn your voice.

You generally have to take it step by step, you can't say straight away to dial a contacts name. You need to say, "communication menu" --> "dial contact" then say the contacts name then yes or no to dial the contact ect.

There are a few shortcuts such as being able to say directly "take me home" if you have a home address saved. I think even saying "I'm hungry" worked for me in the navigation menu and already had a route set.

I think there is a correlation between the car better understanding accents and your chosen 'voice over' character. Is there an option that sounds more Texan?

My German friend just purchased a new 3 in Australia and I have noticed his accent is changing to match the car haha!

#3 ·
When voice recognition learning is done for the first time
1. Press the pick-up button or talk button with a short press.
2. Say: [Beep] “Voice training”
3. Prompt: “This operation must be performed in a quiet environment while the vehicle is stopped.
See the owner's manual for the list of required training phrases.
Press and release the talk button when you are ready to begin.
Press the hang-up button to cancel at any time.”
4. Press the talk button with a short press.
5. The voice guidance reads out the voice
input command number (refer to the
voice input command list for voice
recognition learning). (Ex. “Please read phrase 1” )

When reading out, the following points must be observed:

Read out the numbers one at a time correctly and naturally.
(For example, “1234” must be read out “one, two, three, four” not “twelve,thirty four”.)

Do not read out parentheses. “(” and hyphens “-” are used for separating numbers in a phone number.
Ex.“(888) 555-1212” must be spoken “Eight, eight, eight, five, five, five, one, two, one,two.”

Phrase Command
1 0123456789
2 (888) 555-1212
3 Call
4 Dial
5 Setup
6 Cancel
7 Continue
8 Help

Section 5 -88 of my owner's manual.

zoom-zoom-zoom

#9 ·
Same. Used to work. No it's at best, 30% accurate.
So I have just configured my phone's assistant to handle all the commands, which then integrates with Android Auto.
Yes - I got the AA upgrade. I'm happy with it. Not for the navigation (even though waze works nicely), but for the other intergrations - voice typing, whatsapp voice reading, spotify etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.