Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, in between parking the car Monday night and starting it up to head to work Tuesday morning the infotainment/nav screen has packed up.

The radio still works but nothing is displayed. I tried the Music+Nav+Mute for 10s reboot combo but that didn't fix it. I also disconnected the car's battery for several hours but that didn't work either.

Any ideas before I have to deal with the hassle of a dealer visit?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Would you happen to know what version of the infotainment you are running? The current version is 590 which is "suppose" to address that issue from previous versions. Otherwise have the dealership deal with it, its their job.

·
Super Moderator
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No idea. It's going to the dealer tomorrow morning.

On the bright side, I discovered that the voice commands still work. So I got that going for me, which is nice.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have experienced completely the same thing several times. It dos not always helps to turn the system off and on again, the only thing I have found that helps is to turn off the system (the whole car), remove the SD card, turn on the engine and when the sign "you do not have navigation, insert the navigation SD card is in ..."shows up , put the SD card back in and then it normally comes to live again (the radio is always playing?). There can be 1-3 weeks between the system breaks down, which is frustrating when you meet up at the workshop and trying to explain the mistake ... and they send you a pathetic smile... because everything is working fine.. Doeeh
I've now filmed system several times where it does not start up for documentation.

For your information, I can tell that my Infotainment system is updated to the newest version.

·
Super Moderator
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My solution was to take it to the dealer and have them replace things.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Mine did that except the radio became completely unresponsive to everything except the rear camera view still worked, but I couldn't access any of the settings in the menu. The dealership ended up replacing the computer located in the dash directly below the display.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, to update everyone. Seems like a terminal problem. Mazda have decided to replace the entire unit free of charge, Car is only 4 weeks old, 1700kms. Everything seems responsive also except screen. Mazda say approx 1 week for arrival. I'm in Phuket, Thailand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts