Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am after how long it takes from pressing start to you having the radio or nav etc available on the screen.

It normally goes through the mazda logo then the red screen with buttons (disclaimer if you have one) then on to the normal operating screen.

It is much quicker if you have just shut down the car and start again but leave it for any period and it is slower start.

Mine takes 21 seconds to reach the radio screen on a cold boot.

Did not measure it before the changes to the scripts so am interested in what it is normally.

Thanks

·
Registered
136 Posts
Ok I hope I didn't cheat by agreeing to the disclaimer and not waiting for it to time out ....

It took 6 seconds with a timer on my phone. The actual screen didn't display for a few seconds later but the radio was playing.

I noticed that when I had pandora streaming it took 15 seconds, and nav took about 20 to load. These are all different cold starts from today.

So maybe there is a 'quick boot' function just for radio playback and the changes have somehow effected that?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes radio playback is pretty much immediate when you turn it in.

But you have to wait for the screen to show up which takes a while.

My measurement is till the final radio screen is up with channel name and radio text displayed.

I am testing the effect of each of the software tweaks on load time.

I don't have any disclaimer any more but am trying to test the real improvements.

Just downloading a clean firmware build 1.6 gig looks like so I can flash it back to stock to baseline things properly.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So from what i can work out from searching through lots of stuff on other forums the system will do a full boot when you start up first thing then will do a fast boot if it has been shut down for less than 15 minutes.

A full boot
. does the mazda logo
. then goes to the menu
. then gets disclaimer
. then waits 3 seconds if you don't press ok
. then goes to last used app (radio nav etc)

The fast boot just pops disclaimer and then goes to last used app.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
1 - 6 of 6 Posts