Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
No, that is the disadvantage of big wheels
Krautrock ... Twannie has got it right some times less is more, bigger is not always better .

Very few people can see or tell the difference in tire size, increasing the size of the tires from standard 215 / 50/ 18 tires.

Admittedly with OEM standard tires the car goes round corners like it on rails regardless, it is assumed that the 2016 in has built in traction control.

To be blunt, it is my opinion that oversized tires some what has spoiled the look and concept of the CX3.

The engineers at Mazda could have designed the suspension to be soft and squishey like car of 60 years ago .
To day people appear to want performance so there is the trade off.

Meaning. "You can't have your cake and eat it ".

Certainly , it is your prerogative to retain large tires to attend car shows, however there could be other mechanical consequences relating un sprung weight difference; to Steering; Suspension; Wheel balance ; Gyro effect; and highway speed constraints.
By the way the insurance company may look for deviations from standards and other vehicle modification say in the event of an accident . Then the is the possibility of a liable court case in the event of personal injury.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Krautrock ... Twannie has got it right some times less is more, bigger is not always better .

Very few people can see or tell the difference in tire size, increasing the size of the tires from standard 215 / 50/ 18 tires.

Admittedly with OEM standard tires the car goes round corners like it on rails regardless, it is assumed that the 2016 in has built in traction control.

To be blunt, it is my opinion that oversized tires some what has spoiled the look and concept of the CX3.

The engineers at Mazda could have designed the suspension to be soft and squishey like car of 60 years ago .
To day people appear to want performance so there is the trade off.

Meaning. "You can't have your cake and eat it ".

Certainly , it is your prerogative to retain large tires to attend car shows, however there could be other mechanical consequences relating un sprung weight difference; to Steering; Suspension; Wheel balance ; Gyro effect; and highway speed constraints.
By the way the insurance company may look for deviations from standards and other vehicle modification say in the event of an accident . Then the is the possibility of a liable court case in the event of personal injury.

KRAUTROCK.
I hate to bust your bubble but you have not succeeded in filling in the large wheel arches ?
I have not triesd this one yet , you could try 235 / 45 / 18 on the rear wheels only.You are going to need mud flaps as you car is going to get filthy Mc Nasty.
Try out OEM 215 /50 /18 on the front.
Then again, you could mess up the "traction control" through mis alignment. I don't recommend dis arming it either.
You car is a computer on wheels or a Rolling Robot if you will.
Going to the barbers shop. alway like to have a car with the potential of 90 mph and coming to the barbers shop.
I would not drive a car with less or more than OEM wheels and tires
That my opinion !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts