Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car sits at about 8,500kms on the ODO.

from new w/ 60km to ~6000km odo, I would get about 420 kms mixed city / driving on a full tank.

What was incredible was that once the car hit ~7000kms, a full tank now goes for 500kms. an increase of 80kms (that's nearly 20%!)

Worth mentioning is that driving style has remain unchanged. Curious to know if any other owners are enjoying this

·
Registered
872 Posts
Yes, my mileage has increased over the past 8 months of ownership. I don't track each tank but seem to getting about 30 or so more miles out of a tank and my commutes are very consistent.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
It took about 5000 miles before my CX-3 diesel settled down to about 42 to a UK gallon (4.546 litres).

I'm hoping this 2.2 CX-5 diesel will settle to something similar as I barely feather the throttle. Currently just under 40 at 1700 miles.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Curious if my mileage will increase.

I'm currently only at ±3,600km so I have to wait a few months. Just filled it up twice since picked up the car (with 2,400km).

·
Registered
256 Posts
My 2.0 FWD has averaged 44.3 MPG (imp) over 17500 km.
The last 4000 km has been done with an averages from 45-48 MPG (imp) (best average from a single tank i 48.8 MPG).
But it's been fairly stable since I first bought it, getting slightly better MPG after switching from winter tires to summer tires (could be the warmer weather helping as well).

·
Registered
134 Posts
My 2.0 FWD has averaged 44.3 MPG (imp) over 17500 km.
The last 4000 km has been done with an averages from 45-48 MPG (imp) (best average from a single tank i 48.8 MPG).
But it's been fairly stable since I first bought it, getting slightly better MPG after switching from winter tires to summer tires (could be the warmer weather helping as well).
People here are mostly from US, so dont frustrate them with your 44.3 consuption.
Calculate to us gallons, you have 36.68 us gallons. :D (while I have 44.2, with best of 57.3, diesel power rocks >:) )

·
Registered
256 Posts
People here are mostly from US, so dont frustrate them with your 44.3 consuption.
Calculate to us gallons, you have 36.68 us gallons. :D (while I have 44.2, with best of 57.3, diesel power rocks >:) )
I usually use km/l (but at the moment I'm actually forced to use l/100 km thanks to Mazda) so I'm not used to mpg, so I just chose imp mpg :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
Same here. After 8k kms, we achieved peek mileage. Maybe it's a skyactiv thing? Very impressed with the fuel economy. Much better than they advertise

·
Registered
11 Posts
57.3? That's incredible! I've got just over 1k km on my car and my average is 41.6 miles per gallon mixed driving through 2 tanks of diesel. Straight from the gas station to the highway I was getting almost 63 mpg but that dropped quickly as I entered the city.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts