Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I went for a ride and we came home so I go into the house to get the garage door key.
I went back out to start the car and nothing I pressed and pressed and sweat beads started to form on my head.
I went back into the house and told my wife the car was dead and wouldn't start.
She said could it be that you put the car keys on the kitchen table.
I felt foolish and a little relieved at the same time that the problem has been solved.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hey, don't feel bad. A few weeks ago I tried without success to start my CX3 and spent nearly a half hour on the phone to my dealer trying to figure out what the problem was.

It seems that the CX3 is one of a class of cars that are built with the need to depress the brake pedal and keep it depressed while you press the start button. Well, I knew that! (at least I knew that the previous day) But when you are in the middle of a gigantic brain fart in a very old brain it is a sad fact that no matter what you try to do, nothing is going to work the way you think it should work! Bring back my ancient column mounted three speed mechanical shifter! For that matter bring back my old crank-start Austin.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My wife and I went for a ride and we came home so I go into the house to get the garage door key.
I went back out to start the car and nothing I pressed and pressed and sweat beads started to form on my head.
I went back into the house and told my wife the car was dead and wouldn't start.
She said could it be that you put the car keys on the kitchen table.
I felt foolish and a little relieved at the same time that the problem has been solved.
Ahhh the infamous keyless start (or lack thereof) system. Glad to hear it was human error and nothing mechanical. As far as feeling foolish, don't sweat it. I've done the same thing. New things often come with learning curves.

·
Registered
18 Posts
cool story bro.
I'm not sure who's moderating, but get this s**t outta here. I know for a fact that I'm not alone in saying that responses like this are not at all conducive to the culture here. This forum is full of great people and great information. Let's keep it that way.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I'm not sure who's moderating, but get this s**t outta here. I know for a fact that I'm not alone in saying that responses like this are not at all conducive to the culture here. This forum is full of great people and great information. Let's keep it that way.
LMAO. how is a story about a guy misplacing his keys worthy of anything more?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Please go away from this forum and bang your head on the wall few times. Maybe if you loose few more brain cells you wont be able to put more stupid comments...
Nhf :)

·
Registered
872 Posts
Let's please play nicely. If you don't like or agree with something you can always pass it by and move to the next post, thread, whatever....

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I started this thread to point out what a dumb thing I did.There is no reason to be snarky on something dumb and funny at the same time.
So,everyone please have a nice day.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Once rented a maroon Ford. Went back to it later to retrieve something from inside. Spent about 10 minutes with a key that was so obviously not going to fit. Not only was it not my rental car but it wasn't even the same model.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Once rented a maroon Ford. Went back to it later to retrieve something from inside. Spent about 10 minutes with a key that was so obviously not going to fit. Not only was it not my rental car but it wasn't even the same model.
Were you tippin a few that day?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Vandal is a good member of the community, we all like to have a little fun sometimes, so relax and enjoy :)

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
I am so used to the smart key that converse is true. I recently rented a Honda Civic LX and it had a *gasp* standard key. I would find myself trying to grasp the door handle to unlock the car in lieu of pressing the "unlock" button on the fob, placing the fob back in my pocket after doing so, getting into the car and searching for the start button, only to retrieve said fob and sticking the key in to turn the ignition. Then I would wonder how we ever survived with keys, let alone keys without buttons, let alone TWO keys - one to unlock the door, the other to start the car (sorry, that's as far back as I go - others [possibly] can opine about hand cranks and such).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Please go away from this forum and bang your head on the wall few times. Maybe if you loose few more brain cells you wont be able to put more stupid comments...
Nhf :)
Based on your obvious inability to form coherent sentences, I'm not sure you're a person that should be judging anyone's intelligence. Just sayin. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
LMAO. how is a story about a guy misplacing his keys worthy of anything more?
Well his post certainly wasn't worth your snarky response, I can tell you that.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
For one thing my keys were not misplaced.The post was about trying to start the car without my keys in my presence and not being used to the push button start without having your keys in your presence.

I guess I will have to quit posting or get approval from some on what I post.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I think Playthru’s original light hearted post is at risk of getting in the middle of some stray crossfire. Lets lock this one down and move on.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.