Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to replace my horn ... has anyone successfully done this without removing the bumper housing?

it looks like the top part can be undone for access but perhaps riveted to the grill/bumper.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Reactions: ret63

·
Registered
15 Posts
ret63,
So how did you accomplish the horn replacement? Please share your method with fellow Forum members who would like to replace their Mazda CX-3 horn with a "LOUD" horn.
Did you remove the front bumper/fender assembly? Did you slip your skinny arms and hands through the grill openings? Or did you reach up from under and below the front grill?
Since you accomplished it soooooooo easily why not share your secrets!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
ret63,
So how did you accomplish the horn replacement? Please share your method with fellow Forum members who would like to replace their Mazda CX-3 horn with a "LOUD" horn.
Did you remove the front bumper/fender assembly? Did you slip your skinny arms and hands through the grill openings? Or did you reach up from under and below the front grill?
Since you accomplished it soooooooo easily why not share your secrets!
So in general, it wasn't easy.
After drilling out all the rivets I still could not get the plastic cover off.
I did not remove the bumper...
Not giving up I did manage to get enough of plastic opened on top to reach in with a socket wrench and undo the bold holding the original horn...I do have small hands which was helpful :)
I disconnect the wiring and used wire taps to create the wiring for the second horn.
Plugged both connectors in and with some patience I managed to get both horns in place next to each other in the same place a the old on and bolted them in place in the original hole.
It sounds much better with the Hella Twin tone Trumpet style horns...

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.