Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

301 - 320 of 321 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't have any real complaints so far, but I'll agree with many of your issues.

- The fuel tank is small. Losing a bit of capacity to accommodate the AWD prop shaft is annoying, but I think the overall range is still acceptable. I knew the tank was small before I bought, but I knew this wasn't going to be a cross-country cruiser. I bet I could get 400 miles on the highway, which is about the same as my old 20-gallon Infiniti got.

- The cupholder/armrest issue. Going along with the rear legroom, I feel like this car could've really been perfect if they made it about six inches longer. I feel like I fit well into the space, though. I've been wondering how I could make some sort of add-on cupholder to fit into the armrest cell phone slot.

- I actually prefer manual seats. I'm the only one who ever drives it, so the seat is never moved. Might as well save the cost and weight. Manual adjustment is faster, too.
I think the small tank is to make the car lighter to drive in line with the thinking when they designed the car

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'd say what's cheap is not putting carpet in the CX-3. I thought my Toyota Aygo was cheap in every area. I find carpeting is much more durable than the ultra cheap floor covering in the CX-3. I would have gladly paid extra for carpeting.

·
Registered
41 Posts
We get a stale smell when first starting the car. I think it's from dampness in the evaporator. Isn't there a drain?
Other than not having Apple CarPlay that's our only complaint.
I'm particularly impressed with the auto transmission. It seems to know what's going on and shifts or doesn't according.

·
Registered
27 Posts
We get a stale smell when first starting the car. I think it's from dampness in the evaporator. Isn't there a drain?
Before you park your car, do you switch off your AC the last 5 minutes or so? Giving the evaporator a chance to dry.
If you don't, your evaporator will stay wet. Mold (fungus) will grow inside the evaporator which will be smelly in the long run.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I realy dislike my wife cx3 as it miss imoprtant extras i get used with.

Car is perfect for city driving and poor roads, and quite disappointing on highways. Could be diffrent for those with adaptive: suspension, cruise control, headligts...

·
Registered
17 Posts
I realy dislike my wife cx3 as it miss imoprtant extras i get used with.

In addition about the above mention red cushion of central consol.. it put my leg in uncomfortable position. Narrowing my leg space.
Acc pedal is to low compared to brake pedal. Actually break pedal is too high and uncomfortable for stand by when in cruise control.
Poor noise isolation.
Engine too quite... people just walking on the road without realizing im behind...
Only one drawer in the trunk.
Engine trunk suported by stick... lacking hydraulic suspension.
Complicated control of wipers require your attention...
Complicated change over from usb to radio.... initializing of usb take quite of time.

Sorry if i missed something..

Car is perfect for city driving and poor roads, and quite disappointing on highways. Could be diffrent for those with adaptive: suspension, cruise control, headligts...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I don’t find most of your complaints as valid. I think perhaps you should sell it since you find so much to dislike.
I love my 2017 CX3. It’s super quiet on the road with the Winter friction tires. It is super fun to drive aggressively in corners too.!

·
Registered
32 Posts
BTW which of my statement you disagree... Our got 19 000km and still with original yokohama tiers...

Do you know how can shift from USB to radio and vice versa with single click or button?

Why you like yours? Does it have AFL and adaptive suspension.. Our dont have even electric seats :(.. only heating... 2nd hand car... no choice.

·
Registered
303 Posts
If you read carefully its not mine to sell... I bought it as a gift to my wife... And she is already angry to me, for shearing my opinion about the car... no need to backup her...

I would prefer old BMW X6 (2008) for same money. If you drive one of those, you will understand how bad is CX-3 (2016) compared to higher class 8 years older car. In choosing my wife car, length was the leading - not more then a Golf 4.25m... Second requirement was - conventional AT (not pseudo-AT as DSG).

And again, my wife love it... it is nice and reliable compact SUV. Perform well in the city, on a reasonable price.

BTW which of my statement you disagree... Our got 19 000km and still with original yokohama tiers...

Do you know how can shift from USB to radio and vice versa with single click or button?

Why you like yours? Does it have AFL and adaptive suspension.. Our dont have even electric seats :(.. only heating... 2nd hand car... no choice.

Curiously - Does your 8 year old BMW meet these requirements of yours ?

Poor noise isolation.
Engine too quite.

They do seem to contradict one another but then again I don't have an 8 year old BMW.

nice to see an answer, based on your posts I was beginning to think "troll" but we all have opinions to share whether or not we agree.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Curiously - Does your 8 year old BMW meet these requirements of yours ?

Poor noise isolation.
Engine too quite.

They do seem to contradict one another but then again I don't have an 8 year old BMW.

nice to see an answer, based on your posts I was beginning to think "troll" but we all have opinions to share whether or not we agree.

LOL are those "I don’t find most of your complaints as valid"... those are subjective...

I dont have BMW... I just drive one... it is easy to get used with good things, hope you`ll find it out for yourself one day :p.

Requirements was of my wife... BMW X6 2008/2009 do NOT meet the length restriction, that is why I bought CX-3 (and i regret). I didn`t want to say bad things for the car

·
Registered
745 Posts
Kingarthas ... let's face it, you bought the car because you and your wife liked the way it looked, Mazda's Kodo Soul of Motion Design Philosophy :)

That there are compromises for an under $30K car is a consequence of the immutable Laws of Economics ... e.g., for your adaptive suspension, what would you have Mazda remove, without increasing the car's price?

100% agree with you on the electric seats. I installed a larger, all-electric Recaro driver's seat, and am now (or at least my butt is) happy as a lark.

I am currently trying to rationalize the cost of upgrading the sound system, and maybe even adding an aftermarket exhaust.

P.S. Where are you located? Maybe click the "User CP" above and fill out your profile?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Kingarthas ... let's face it, you bought the car because you and your wife liked the way it looked, Mazda's Kodo Soul of Motion Design Philosophy :)

That there are compromises for an under $30K car is a consequence of the immutable Laws of Economics ... e.g., for your adaptive suspension, what would you have Mazda remove, without increasing the car's price?

100% agree with you on the electric seats. I installed a larger, all-electric Recaro driver's seat, and am now (or at least my butt is) happy as a lark.

I am currently trying to rationalize the cost of upgrading the sound system, and maybe even adding an aftermarket exhaust.

P.S. Where are you located? Maybe click the "User CP" above and fill out your profile?
You got PM... ill update those... picture already attached in introduction section, also my location.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you read carefully its not mine to sell... I bought it as a gift to my wife... And she is already angry to me, for shearing my opinion about the car... no need to backup her...

I would prefer old BMW X6 (2008) for same money. If you drive one of those, you will understand how bad is CX-3 (2016) compared to higher class 8 years older car. In choosing my wife car, length was the leading - not more then a Golf 4.25m... Second requirement was - conventional AT (not pseudo-AT as DSG).

And again, my wife love it... it is nice and reliable compact SUV. Perform well in the city, on a reasonable price.

For the price you are paying, it will have compromises. And I did read all of your post. The Summer tires on my 2017 are Bridgestone All season. They are a bit noisy. However, as I stated my Winter Continental Contact 6 Winter tires are extremely quiet. I don’t have AFL or electric seats. However it does have smart city braking, side warning, rear camera, Apple Car Play, and Mazda navigation. All the options I need. Of course there are legroom space limitations in the second row, but my teens don’t complain. Again, for the money it’s a great buy, and has all the safety features I could ever need. And it’s a head turner stying wise.

·
Registered
32 Posts
For the price you are paying, it will have compromises. And I did read all of your post. The Summer tires on my 2017 are Bridgestone All season. They are a bit noisy. However, as I stated my Winter Continental Contact 6 Winter tires are extremely quiet. I don’t have AFL or electric seats. However it does have smart city braking, side warning, rear camera, Apple Car Play, and Mazda navigation. All the options I need. Of course there are legroom space limitations in the second row, but my teens don’t complain. Again, for the money it’s a great buy, and has all the safety features I could ever need. And it’s a head turner stying wise.
Hi,

Our car is Canadian and have Yokohama tire in the trunk and on the wheels... not sure about model and I`m presently offshore so can not tell instantly... need to ask wife for a pic.
I dont complain for the space in car or trunk... it is normal for the car size. Problem is wide central console on the level of the red cushion.
Could be that the noise in my case is from the top trunk... still car have poor noise insulation - you can try the hands-free and people around will follow the conversation.
Navigation is nice and got 3 years free update!
Driving in the city is fun, as engine kick fast, manage bad city roads very well, however handling on highway is poor (steering wheel is as responsive in city and highway).

For its money (which includes insurance, maintenance, ect..), YES good and reliable car. For its price (only car), its another story.

p.s

found a pic Yokohama AVID S34D

Yokohama Avid S34 on New Mazda CX-3 - Tire Review Magazine

p.s 2

LOL i wonder what is this for... Never see one for other not noisy cars.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Coming from a 2005 fully loaded Acura TL, there are things I miss:

1. The cabin noise is kind of loud. I'm used to it now, but it is something I noticed.

2. No power passenger seat. This is a total nit-pick, but I do wish it was there.

3. No auto-close on the sunroof (just hit the button and it closes instead of holding the button).

4. Mine is the 2019 GT and does not have dual thermostats for driver and passenger. My buddy has a Mazda 3 that does have it. That annoys me.

5. Overall, it kinda feels less solid.

6. My goodness that gas tank is small.

I do love driving this thing and it fits me FAR better than the TL. None of these things are deal-breakers, just little things here and there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Old thread, but I'm new to the CX-3 so I'll revive it. ;)

After owning my 2016 GS AWD (touring/mid-level trim...30,000KM) for almost a month, here are the things I'm having a hard time with:

1) Seat comfort: When I test drove (actually had it for 24 hours), my first thought was, "Wow, these seats are comfy". That faded pretty quick, though, and I'm now finding it difficult to find a good seating position. Really difficult. I think I'm going to need to look into a lumbar pillow/cushion of some sort. My issue with that, however, is the heated seats. The cushion will need to be pretty small. Most I've seen so far are quite large.

2) Gauge readability. In moderate to bright sunlight, the leftmost gauge (gear position/tachometer) is completely unreadable. And I mean completely. Yes...the brightness is as high as it will go.

All the other compromises spoken about already I'm actually fine with. The car perfectly fits my needs. The above 2 issues, though, are damn annoying. Number 1 would have caused me to pass on the purchase if I had caught it before signing the papers....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had a CX-5 and it met a very unfortunate end. Guy brake checked me on the highway after I only owned it for 3 months. Couldn’t find another CX-5 so I settled on a 2017 CX-3 GT. The ceramic metallic colour and nicely trimmed interior caught my interest and I figured the smaller vehicle would be okay for my life. I’ve had it 4 months now and I absolutely HATE this thing. First of all, it’s tiny; cant fit my snowboard in the thing unless I’ve got my seat so far forward I’m hugging the steering wheel, the backseat is an absolute joke, zero cargo space for anything bigger than a rolling suitcase, any more than two people riding in this thing as I might as well rent a car. As for everything else, it’s gutless, ugly and is full of wasted space. I don’t know why Mazda bothered making this thing. Just buy a CX-5 or a Mazda3 instead.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Had a CX-5 and it met a very unfortunate end. Guy brake checked me on the highway after I only owned it for 3 months. Couldn’t find another CX-5 so I settled on a 2017 CX-3 GT. The ceramic metallic colour and nicely trimmed interior caught my interest and I figured the smaller vehicle would be okay for my life. I’ve had it 4 months now and I absolutely HATE this thing. First of all, it’s tiny; cant fit my snowboard in the thing unless I’ve got my seat so far forward I’m hugging the steering wheel, the backseat is an absolute joke, zero cargo space for anything bigger than a rolling suitcase, any more than two people riding in this thing as I might as well rent a car. As for everything else, it’s gutless, ugly and is full of wasted space. I don’t know why Mazda bothered making this thing. Just buy a CX-5 or a Mazda3 instead.
That's too bad.... I've had my 2017 Touring for almost 3 years and I love it - plenty of room for everything. I play in a band and I can get two or three guitars in it as well as two amps and a PA with speakers. Other trips are good for taking my mountain bike (front wheel off), furniture and many other household items. You're right, it won't fit a couple of snowboards but I rent something for ski trips.

301 - 320 of 321 Posts