Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

261 - 280 of 321 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I knew that storage was at a minimum....but the dedicated sunglasses holder by roof mounted interior lamps is apparently only made for small sunglasses. Really....another 1/4 inch deeper would have been much better. both pairs of my regular sized sunglasses fit, but I gotta push up really hard to close it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm having issues with the seat still. I just wish I had better visibility, even after 17000 miles lol. My next car might have to be a wrangler! If only they made smaller wranglers lol.

Other issues at 17k miles =

1. Still has a delayed start from stop.. the mechanics said the CX3 was made to have a delay in gear from stop, which I think is BS, almost led to some crashes. Its like the transmission doesn't know what gear to pick so it just revs high.

2. Windshield was damaged, got it fixed for 100$

3. Interior is feeling really cramped and it doesn't feel too good anymore esp when the visibility sucks.

4. Wish I had gone with the GTI! When you slam on the brakes, everything in the cabin moves forward and doesn't feel strongly attached. Doesn't give me confidence if I ever get in a frontal collision..

The good?

1. Still looks great, gets looks, esp in black.
2. Great fuel economy 30mpg if you drive in grandpa mode
3. Great trunk space, i'm a minimalist so I can fit my whole life in the back.
4. Great for moving (for me)
5. Nice wheels
6. Good in snow and ice due to AWD and traction

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm sure this has been mentioned before but I find the car to be under powered, especially when it comes to acceleration. Don't get me wrong I'm not a speed demon, but it really struggles to get up to speed which worries me in circumstances where I might need that power (like passing on a highway).

Granted I am coming from a Nissan Juke Nismo and drive my wife's CX-5 frequently so I'm used to having more power which is a factor no doubt.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm sure this has been mentioned before but I find the car to be under powered, especially when it comes to acceleration. Don't get me wrong I'm not a speed demon, but it really struggles to get up to speed which worries me in circumstances where I might need that power (like passing on a highway).

Granted I am coming from a Nissan Juke Nismo and drive my wife's CX-5 frequently so I'm used to having more power which is a factor no doubt.
hmmm... It should have the same power as when you test drove it before the purchase?

·
Registered
56 Posts
hmmm... It should have the same power as when you test drove it before the purchase?
Touche' But actually in my case the test drive was done on snow covered roads, probably not the best situation to ascertain power. ;)

Regardless, no test drive is going to give a true feel for the car in every situation you might encounter. My experiences so far have left me underwhelmed, whether this is because of my prior vehicle's performance or just a period of adjustment only time will tell.

·
Registered
60 Posts

146/146 hp/torque in an AWD is not going to be fast versus the Nismo's 188/177 numbers. If you had a Nismo RS it's 215/210 so a CX-3 will be much slower. I came from a Legacy GT (had the WRX STI engine) so I feel your pain. I put my cx-3 into sport mode when I need more power as I find the sport mode gearing to be very aggressive - which is good (IMHO). I also will sometimes use my paddle shifters when I'm in morning traffic on the interstate. I just wish the paddle shifters extended out from the steering wheel a bit more.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
1. Still has a delayed start from stop.. the mechanics said the CX3 was made to have a delay in gear from stop, which I think is BS, almost led to some crashes. Its like the transmission doesn't know what gear to pick so it just revs high.
Your mechanic is a lying a-hole. That is the most ridiculous excuse I've heard, it's making me mad for some reason lol. If this was true, it would be the exact opposite of the "Driving Matters" tagline of Mazda. My CX-3 is perfectly fine going from stop. There's no delay whatsoever, which is one of my favorite things about this car as other cars I've driven have a noticeable throttle delay from stop. This car immediately goes when I press the pedal.

They need to diagnose and fix whatever the problem is with your car. That you've had to deal with this for 17,000 miles is ridiculous.

·
Registered
142 Posts
146/146 hp/torque in an AWD is not going to be fast versus the Nismo's 188/177 numbers. If you had a Nismo RS it's 215/210 so a CX-3 will be much slower. I came from a Legacy GT (had the WRX STI engine) so I feel your pain. I put my cx-3 into sport mode when I need more power as I find the sport mode gearing to be very aggressive - which is good (IMHO). I also will sometimes use my paddle shifters when I'm in morning traffic on the interstate. I just wish the paddle shifters extended out from the steering wheel a bit more.
I came from an Acura MDX which had 300/275 HP/torque. A reason why I test drove the CX-3 three separate times on all sorts of roads/highways before I bought it. I had to be sure I'd be okay with the "difference". In actuality, I am pleased with the manner the CX-3 accelerates; even my brother, who owns a BMW 335 commented on how quick it felt from a stop when riding with me for the first time. I use sport mode when I want to accelerate with more authority from a stop. I also like using the paddle shifters for a quicker burst while underway, without needing to force a high rpm downshift.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Can't remember if it's been said but..

The build up on the inner edge of the rear doors around the wheel.

Spare rags just for this on every car wash.

zoom-z.. hand me that rag

·
Registered
144 Posts
My main two complaints are the two almost everyone dislikes; the tiny gas tank and the center console.

But I also dislike that they put the spare tire upside down so you can't read the tire pressure easily, and I don't like the command thingy. Pausing the CD requires three actions, instead of just pushing the pause button.

I know that no car is perfect, but those thing are done so much better on my sold Subaru Impreza.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not sure if this was already mentioned but no low wiper fluid indicator.....really? Last month we got hit with a storm....freezing rain and then turned to snow. I went to use my de-icer and it was out. I mean come on Mazda. They skipped on a lot of simple stuff. I still love my car though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My big gripe is no turbo...BUT I still love this little bugger....they could have put the 2.5 under the hood also..
I couldn't agree more. When driving the wife's CX-5 I keep wishing they used that engine in the CX-3!

That being said my last tank was 33.5 MPG calculated so I may be able to get over it. :)

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #274
Definitely the lack of power across most of the Mazda lineup is something I think they need to address in the future. The Mazda3 with 2.5L engine is the only car that seems to be appropriately powered in my opinion. CX-3 should've had that same engine. Mazda6 and CX-5 could do with the CX-9's turbo engine as an option. While the CX-9 should have a V6 as an option.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Initially i thought the lack of power was going to be an issue but so far its been good for me. I've never found myself in a situation where i needed more HP to aggressive merge or over-take on the highway - the zippy transmission helps me keep in its power band.

1) I do have an issue with there not being an audible tone or alert when you leave the parking brake up while driving :mad: Happened twice to me now but maybe it might just be a learning curve.

2) I've also found there to be a lot of wind noise after 140KM/h especially with cross bars installed.

3) Adding cup holders in the back seats also would have been nice.

4) 1-1.5inch higher front end would be great

But...no car is perfect!! I bought this car because the pro's (for me) heavily out weighted the con's. 0:)

·
Registered
872 Posts
only thing i hate is the blind spot monitoring, if you pass someone and they end up being in your blind spot it won't illuminate on the mirror.. only works when they come up from behind you.
Isn't that how it should be? If you've passed them you know they are there, they are no longer blind to you.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #279
I think it works as intended. Like DJ9999 says if you've passed them you know they are there. And it's really going to be for a moment as you're going faster and they'll be out of your blind spot. There's no need for the BSM to work in every situation like that, however I've noticed it activating if for example I'm going only slightly faster than the car I'm passing. It does however work perfectly when a car is coming up alongside you going faster, even though you see the car coming the BSM basically tells you it is not safe to change lanes. Of course, it also works perfectly if there is a car in your blind spot going the same speed as you.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Your mechanic is a lying a-hole. That is the most ridiculous excuse I've heard, it's making me mad for some reason lol. If this was true, it would be the exact opposite of the "Driving Matters" tagline of Mazda. My CX-3 is perfectly fine going from stop. There's no delay whatsoever, which is one of my favorite things about this car as other cars I've driven have a noticeable throttle delay from stop. This car immediately goes when I press the pedal.

They need to diagnose and fix whatever the problem is with your car. That you've had to deal with this for 17,000 miles is ridiculous.
Yeah its really unfortunate as this is my first self-bought car too. Every time I avoid an accident I think back and wish I could go back in time and get the GTI instead.. I've gotten to the point where I actually use the manual gear selector to avoid using the auto transmission, as the auto transmission takes too long for me to overtake anyone / do maneuvers safely. LOL.

I will mention it again at the next service..so far this dealership doesn't have me wanting to come back for a repeat dealership-scumbag sales agent purchase!

261 - 280 of 321 Posts