Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
These chips are VIN specific and are programmed to work for one car and only that car from the supplier (Garmin or Tomtom or w/e we use now). It may or may not work depending on if that is a legitimate card and was never used before (the ebay uncertainty). When it comes to buying these things on ebay its very iffy especially if there is a significant price difference. So bare in mind that if its not a legitimate copy that it may not even work and/or you may not be allowed to update it via the manufacture of the NAV card website. The price is also set by the manufacturer of the cards and are good for 3-4 years. Let us know how this works out and hope for the best. I sure hope you have a way to get a refund if it fails. Also chip, card, same thing. There is a chip in that card so its interchangeable.
I accidentally formatted the card that had navigation working before. It is the original card that came with the car. So, I purchased a new card and copied the contents from the new card and pasted it onto my old card which was formatted but it still says invalid sd card even though it is the card that already had my vin number coded in it before. Doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It says it's the latest and did mention the Cx-3.Is there anything I need to do to prepare or update it?
It was $200 so I don't think the price was bad compared to what the dealer wanted.....as long as it works.
I don't know why I said chip when it is a SD card.
The seller said it comes with three years of free updates from Mazda and it is supposed to be a OEM card the latest one.
I got mine last year for $49.00 from ebay too ..
Just got map update 02/21..
$200.00 is way too expensive.. IMO

21 - 22 of 22 Posts